For those around 2 years out from surgery?

wufpackerfan
on 5/7/13 1:37 am - Garner, NC
Question for those who are about where I am. I'm a little over 2 years OUT from surgery (March 2011). I have been maintaining my weightloss...then suddenly last month I noticed the scale creeping upwards...pound here and a pound there. Not too bad though, but I suppose over time I've gained about 6-8 lbs back from my lowest weight. I got down to 132. I'm about 138.8 this morning. I did weigh 144.4 (highest) at one point last week. Glad to be back into the 130's for sure. I want to keep it that way. Noticed I can eat more than I used to. Don't get sick off of foods like I used to. Guess I'm absorbing more than I used to as well. Couple of pairs of shorts and pants that I wore last summer are a bit snug---can feel some fullness in my "hips/behind" area. My husband says that I've gained some in that area so I suppose the 6-8 lbs have gone there. Figures! That was my problem before when I weighed 270. Ugh! Can't go back there again & I'm no where close but I like to stop a train before it's gets too far down the track.

So question is: has anyone who's 2 years out--experienced any weight gain?, and tightness of clothing? etc... and if so what have you been doing to get those few extra lbs back off? Or have you been able to get them back off? I heard about the bounce-back...gaining 10-15 lbs after the 2 year mark. Oooooh, trying to avoid that if I can. So that's why I'm working hard right now to STOP it before it does become 10 or 15 lbs. Don't want to go there.

If anyone can relate--message me or respond to this posting. I'd appreciate hearing from you so I know I'm not alone in this. I'm doing good but think it would help to connect with others who are 2 years out from surgery too. '

Thanks for your help in advance!!!!

"Nothing tastes as GOOD and being HEALTHY FEELS!" 

RNY (3/11)   Age: 45  Height: 5'5"  &  NO plastic surgical procedures                                                      Starting weight: 270  Lowest weight: 132  Goal weight: 135  Current weight: 138.8 

Laura in Texas
on 5/7/13 1:41 am

I had a 10 pound gain at the two year mark. I had to cut back on my calories to lose them. I was eating around 2500-2700 calories a day to stop losing before the **** hit the fan. I had to cut back to 1500 to lose them. I now eat 1700-2000 to maintain at 4.6 years out.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

wufpackerfan
on 5/7/13 2:00 am - Garner, NC
Thanks Laura for the tip--cutting back on calories starting today (not that I feel that I'm eating all that much) but I do need to watch what goes into my mouth at all times and I'm going to ramp up my exercise too--hopefully the combination will allow me to hold my weight/maintain it. Just don't want it to climb any higher. Guess it's good I'm working to control it now. Just gotta do it if I want to stay healthy. Thanks again for your suggestion...calories in = calories out.

RNY (3/11)   Age: 45  Height: 5'5"  &  NO plastic surgical procedures                                                      Starting weight: 270  Lowest weight: 132  Goal weight: 135  Current weight: 138.8 

Day_dream_believer
on 5/7/13 2:20 am

My surgery was 4/25/11.  I haven't regained anything, but I weigh every day.  I go up and down about 5 pounds through out the month.  I noticed if I eat anything I shouldn't or I will see it on the scale. I too am noticing I can eat a lot more and get hungry quicker.  I think the daily weighing and exercise have helped to keep me on track.  It is much harder now.

wufpackerfan
on 5/7/13 2:33 am - Garner, NC
Thanks for the tip/suggestion. I weigh daily too. Probably shouldn't. I too have seen the scale flucuate some. Last week I weighed in at 144.4. I about died. I even went and bought a new battery for my scale because I thought it was messing up and weighing me wrong. Then I realized it's not the battery--I actually might be adding some lbs back on and I don't want to do that. I want to hold at 139.9 and no higher. I prefer being 135. But 138.8 won't kill me. You're right--just gotta focus on not eating anything that I shouldn't eat. I know I can't eat breads and I have done that some lately so that's probably the cause of the small gain. I do go up/down too within the month & that's normal probably. But I just want to keep an eye on it and not let any gain get out of control. Thanks again for the tips/suggestions. It is harder now--therefore I have to stay in control!

exohexoh
on 5/7/13 3:16 am - West Chester, PA

i'm a little over 2.5 years post op. i bottomed out around 153 (got a little lower with the stomach flu but that came right back lol). now i'm up around 160. on days when i track i'm under 1500 (usually between 1000-1200). i'm okay with staying here, but don't want to gain any more than this back. i'm hoping with my TT next month i'll get some renewed motivation!

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

ToNewBeginnings
on 5/7/13 4:35 am

I'm 2.7 years out. The most I gained from my lowest weight was 8 pounds. Normally I'm up and down 5 pounds.

I think it's the two year plus mark where you really need to be careful and watch what you eat for the reasons you mentioned.

I use sparkpeople.com and weight myself every Monday morning.

Michelle L.
on 5/7/13 6:53 am - Phoenix, AZ

I'm almost 2.5 years out, and I keep thinking I'm going back up every time I gain a pound, but if I look at the general timeline, I'm about as low as I've ever been. I thought I would bottom out around 135, but now I'm bouncing between 120-125. For me, the trick is staying active. I've been jogging since a few weeks after surgery, but I'm getting ready to shift to less joint-pounding exercise since my hip joints are saying "enough already". 

I'm also an obsessive weigher; I weigh myself every day, but I only track my weight when I hit a new low. That keeps me happy when I look at my chart. :)  I'm not great at tracking calories, but I'd suggest making sure you're getting enough physical activity in every week. That should help even things out.

cajungirl
on 5/7/13 7:14 am

I gained 7 lbs over my goal at around 3 years and put the breaks on immediately and was able to lose those plus a few more.  I've stayed below goal since.  What works for me is to make nutritionally the best choices I can 90% of the time and weigh everyday. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

christinalee
on 5/7/13 8:14 am - At Home in, NH

I was at my lowest when I was training for a 10K race last September.  Over the winter I added on five pounds, but I've since ratcheted back up my activity and have adjusted my calories.  But I guess I'm of a different mind set.  I never had a goal number, I just knew I wanted to be fit, active and healthy.  I've proven that I can maintain a certain window of weight numbers, and I know ultimately that I'm the one who is driving this weight loss vehicle (captain of the ship so to speak).  

I know that I will be ever vigilent.  That's part of the pact I made with myself when I had the surgery.  My vision for my future puts me in charge and getting any winter pounds off is part of the vision.  Plus a lighter runner is a faster runner and damnit I'm going to get faster!

And really it ain't over til we sez its over; and in my vision, it ain't ever over.  This is a life long journey for a long and healthy life.

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?