OT-I'm crippled

Strjen
on 6/9/13 3:04 am, edited 6/9/13 3:05 am - Fargo, ND
RNY on 02/22/12

Well Friday evening after work I decided I was going to be productive & get all my cleaning & laundry done, so I could have the weekend to relax & go tan & go to the gym. Well that didn't work out so well for me. As I was stretching behind my entertainment center to vacuum off the dust from my baseboard heaters something on the outside of my leg near my knee popped & I almost hit the floor. I've never had knee problems ever. I'm just getting old & brittle. Lol Anyway I tried to stand up & walk & every time I would put weight on it I felt like I was going to pass out so I hobbled to the recliner & had my son get an ice pack to put on the area. I was trying to sit there with it elevated & was going to wait it out till my husband got home from work. This was about 7:30ish & he does not get off till 1am. I was sitting there & then the pain started radiating from my knee to my butt & burning from my knee to my ankle. So I had to call my husband to come get me & take me to the ER. Xray's were fine, the bones were fine. They gave me some Norco & an immobilizer & some crutches & told me if its not better by Monday or Tuesday that I will need to have an MRI done. So far I'm still laid up in the bed with my leg elevated. I've tried putting some pressure on it & it's fine with a little but not all my weight on it & turning my leg hurts pretty bad. I really hope it is nothing serious. I so don't want to miss work plus we are going on vacation to NC to see my family & go to the beach in 5 weeks. I've been really irritable & emotional since I've came home from the hospital. I think it's the Norco that is effecting me emotionally & it's making me nauseous & dry heaving & I eat food when I take it. I've never had a problem with Norco before or after RNY so I don't know what the deal is there. My stomach just does not like it. I'm angry & pissed that I can't do things for myself or drive as it is my right leg after all. It's hard enough to get up & go to the bathroom. Getting out of this apartment to go to the ER was quite an adventure as we live on the 2nd floor with no elevator. That was loads of fun. Anyways here are a few pictures of me & my crippled self. I hope everyone has a fantastic day!

On a side note I have lost a pound, so now I'm at 189.5 lbs. Yay! Gotta throw the positives in when I can. Lol

Highest weight : 315 lbs, Surgery weight: 298.5 lbs, Current weight: 183.5 lbs

MeMinusMore
on 6/9/13 3:47 am

Prayers for fast speedy healing.

Strjen
on 6/9/13 4:05 am - Fargo, ND
RNY on 02/22/12
Thank you!

Christy C.
on 6/9/13 4:24 am - Oklahoma City, OK
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you felt/heard something pop you have done some damage. An MRI will probably be necessary. It could be a torn acl, meniscus or both. Good luck...been there done that!

HW 280  SW 258     GW 165

Strjen
on 6/9/13 4:36 am - Fargo, ND
RNY on 02/22/12

Yeah, I know. I was just hoping it would miraculously get better. I've never had anything like that happen before, ever. It scared the crap out of me. It scared my son even more. He is 11 & gets freaked out if I'm hurting, but he is the best little helper ever. The thing is, is at work they launched a new program that only I know how to run & its to do with balance transfers & if I call out to go to the Dr they are going to be so screwed. Makes me feel bad, but my health & well being is more important. I know. Guess they may just have to wing it. My brother had a torn acl when he played football & had to have surgery & I'm really scared that I will have to have surgery too. I've been an emotional wreck. I don't want any more surgeries. I've had 3 in the past year & a half. Thank you for the well wishes.

karenp8
on 6/9/13 6:21 am - Brighton, IL

Praying for a speedy recovery for you. I know what it feels like as I am 4 weeks out from foot surgery. I have been using a walker for 4 weeks and can't put any weight on it. It's depressing isn't it! What a bunch of cripples we are.

65rosesmom
on 6/9/13 6:24 am

It sounds a lot like how I felt when I tore my meniscus.  OUCH.   Feel better.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

martitalinda
on 6/9/13 6:36 am

((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) feel better soon ... Congrats on the positive!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

MyLady Heidi
on 6/9/13 6:43 am

Congrats on your loss and sorry to hear about your leg, that's scary, I hope it isn't anything major and it resolves quickly.  I totally understand the fear of not being able to walk as I have arthritis in my hip and occasionally I get these pains that are so severe shooting down to my knee, if they were constant I could not walk. 

Good Luck!

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/9/13 8:38 pm
I get severe nausea and itching from most narcotic pain killers. I take benadryl together with the pain pill. That helps with both. I do need to take the pills with or after food, but Benadryl stops the nausea.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics