Tail bone

Strjen
on 6/9/13 4:45 am - Fargo, ND
RNY on 02/22/12

Does anyone feel they may have to shave off some of their tail bone? I swear to god I can feel mine poking out & its painful a lot of the time. Maybe I'm just noticing it more the last 2 days because I'm laid up in bed. Have any of you had to have something done with your tail bone? I don't even know if it is possible. I just know mine is hurting.

Highest weight : 315 lbs, Surgery weight: 298.5 lbs, Current weight: 183.5 lbs

mommaontheloose
on 6/9/13 5:39 am - MI
My tailbone hurts all the time. I can feel it through my skin and its very painful. When I sit on the couch, I have to make a point of leaning to one side or the other. I have absolutely No extra fat on my rear end for protection. I dudnt know it was even an option to have some of the tailbone shaved off. I might want to look into that.
Jennifer

gwynnkitty
on 6/9/13 5:56 am - North York, Canada

My mom and I, and two of her sisters, all have tailbones that are about 3mm "too long" - it's been a life-long issue. And out of those 4 people, ONLY my mom is not overweight. We've all asked about tailbone shaving, and we've all been told the same thing - the recovery from the surgery is MUCH worse than the pain of the too-long tailbone. :/

Referral to Surgeon: February 12, 2013 Appointment with Surgeon: April 24, 2013 Endoscopy: April 30, 2013 Referral sent to Bariatric Registry: May 2, 2013 Orientation Appointment: May 27, 2013 Dr Klein Appointment: June 6, 2013 Second Upper GI Series: June 11 Dr Glazer: August 12, 2013 RN/RD/SW: August 29. 2013 Follow-up With Dr Klein: September 23, 2013 Start Opti: October 23, 2013 Surgery Date: November 14, 2013 

mommaontheloose
on 6/9/13 6:13 am - MI
Well that sucks!
My stomach is still kinda pudgy, so what I would like to do is take some fat from there and inject it into my rear end!

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 6/9/13 6:54 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

My cousin (not overweight ever) had her tailbone removed a few months ago.  Her recovery was horrific.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

Walnut436
on 6/9/13 9:40 am

I have a lot of tail bone pain now that I've lost almost 80 pounds. I have to sit all day at work and it is very painful....but for me that gives me more motivation to NOT sit at home at night. I never knew there was an option of having something done...I figure it's just part of my journey. Good luck and hope it gets better for you!

Amy P.
on 6/11/13 6:27 am - IN
RNY on 09/12/12

Both my tailbone and my husband's tailbone are killing us since losing weight.  We went to a chiropractor to help with our lower back pain.  He took X-Rays and found out that my tailbone is not actually attached to the rest of my spine.  I never knew because the fat hid the fact that my tailbone moves back and forth whenever it feels like it, lol.

We carry our tail bone (****yx) cushions around with us.  We're not very cool, but we're much more comfortable, lol.  I've tried several, and so far the Tush Cush is the best. 

http://www.amazon.com/Tush-Cush-Orthopedic-Seat-Cushion/dp/B 000AQE2EY/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1370981767&sr=8-10&keyword s=tail+bone+cushion

BWB
on 6/11/13 7:13 am

My pain is the worst when I stand up and it is brief but annoying.  It does hurt when I am in bed too.  I'm not going to have surgery.

d_mac682
on 6/11/13 7:42 am, edited 6/11/13 7:42 am - Gilbert, AZ
RNY on 04/26/12

Yep, I am there too. Can't sit longer than 15 mins without some padding or cushion. I had this little handy cushion for football games, there not only good on bleachers but your backside will appreciate it!

photo seat-cushion_zpscca0ceb4.jpg

Most Active
Recent Topics