Beating myself up!

Tiggybeep
on 5/22/13 2:02 am
RNY on 04/02/13 with

Is beating yourself up going to help?  If you must, find a pool or one of those arm-bicycles (that don't involve legs) and exercise away using one of those.  Sorry to hear your knee is hurting so badly.  But being mean to yourself seldom helps anything... 

beverlyp
on 5/22/13 2:21 am

Just my opinion but I really hate to think I can never have anything good again just because I have a problem with my eating habits.  I realize that I can never sit down and eat a whole red baron pizza again, but that doesn't mean I can't eventually have a slice.  Some day when I feel comfortable enough with it I will have a cheeseburger...I won't have three and a biggie fry, and I will probably eat really light to make up for the extra carbs, calories, fat or whatever I'm counting at that point in time but some day I will have one.  One cheeseburger did not make me gain 100 lbs.  Day after day of treating myself to whatever I wanted, in whatever quantity I wanted was what got me in this mess. 

One ice cream cone won't undo all you've done.  I mean if/when I decide to treat myself, I'm gonna enjoy it, I'm gonna eat it real slow and lick my fingers when I'm done.  Why even treat yourself if you are gonna stress and worry over it?  That just takes all the fun out.

cajungirl
on 5/22/13 3:48 am

Don't beat yourself up.  You can allow a few treats occasionally and still lose and/or maintain your weight. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Kim S.
on 5/22/13 5:39 am - Helena, AL

Puhleez.........I ALWAYS indulge when I'm on vacation!  That is what vacations are for-trying new things (whi*****ludes foods) and "vacating your regular life". Be glad you can eat ice cream!  Many cannot.  I can only eat frozen yogurt if it is sugar free, and I'm not a dumper.....but ice cream....ugh....that sends me into a carb coma even 4 years out!

Here's part of a response I typed earlier to a similar post:

You are 9 months out now.  At this point, IF you've done what you are supposed to do by following your eating plan and REGULARLY EXERCISING, then you should be engrained in your new lifestyle.  Are you tracking your food?  On the occasion when you want to eat something that isn't 100% on plan, make sure you account for it in your daily total.  If you go over, then you need to get your butt moving to burn off the extra calories. 

Last weekend I ate at least 8 "two bite" red velvet cupcakes over the course of the weekend.  That is NOT normal behavior for me, but I had them and I wanted them.  So........I ran more miles than I normally do, and I've been doing very high calorie burn workouts for the past several days.  I'm 3 years into maintenance, and I have not regained.  Granted this is NOT something I do on a regular basis, and when I do, I go into full-on food tracking mode for a week to ensure I don't keep overindulging!

The farther out you get you'll want more of the stuff that you like.  And that is okay as long as it isn't an every day occurrence and you work to burn it.  THAT is called a lifestyle, not a diet. And a lifestyle is forever, a diet is temporary.

MandyinTX
on 5/22/13 7:07 am
Don't be so hard on yourself, you have done beautifully! ! You are human, and I think you dud wonderful to be on vacation!!

Surgery date: May 17, 2013  Surgery: Gastric Bypass   Doctor:Joya Location: Puerta Vallarta Mexico

Seeing myself in a picture changed my life, I finally said no more. What ever I have to do to make my dreams come true I will do it!! And little did I know that's when my journey would begin! And so here I go!! :)

Most Active