Breakfast suggestions?

icnside
on 5/22/13 11:16 pm - Chesapeake, VA

I am 11 months out and currently eat the same thing for breakfast EVERY morning - yoplait 100cal greek yogurt with some berries and 1oz of Kashi or granola. My pouch hates eggs and I am getting bored. I need to have something that I can take to work and I have a fridge and a microwave available. Any suggestions??

Candy V.
on 5/22/13 11:20 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

I am in a rut too.  I have a shake each morning in the car during my commute to work.

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

poet_kelly
on 5/22/13 11:31 pm - OH

Protein bars, protein shakes, cottage cheese, sliced cheese and fruit, apple slices with peanut butter or almond butter, turkey bacon, veggie sausage, Egg beaters if your pouch likes those better than eggs, or a tofu scramble.  Or non-breakfast type food.  I sometimes have leftovers from dinner the night before for breakfast.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kim S.
on 5/22/13 11:32 pm - Helena, AL

I have a few things I rotate through during the week:

Jimmy Dean Delights breakfast bowls

Jimmy Dean Delights breakfast sandwich

Chobani yogurt and a slice of whole wheat toast with real butter

1/2 c cottage cheese, with peaches or pineapple and a slice of whole wheat toast with real butter

1 slice whole wheat toast with 2 tbsp peanut butter and 1/2 banana sliced on top

1 egg fried, 2 slices bacon and 1 slice whole wheat toast with real butter

Dee.spunk
on 5/22/13 11:47 pm - Sacramento, CA
I eat the same thing every morning. Beans and cheese. But I love beans and cheese, so I'm good!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

selhard
on 5/22/13 11:57 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

I know what you mean about same 'ol, same 'ol.  Don't know why but there's one food I never tire of and it's chili, chili, and more chili. I prepare my  own chili and then freeze in 1/2 cup containers to keep my portion size honest. However, I just had breakfast and it was 1/2 cup cottage cheese along side a Del Monte sugar-free sliced peach cup.  Eggs are hit and miss with me, so you might want to give them another try just in case you have good days/bad days with them, too.  Good Luck.

Scherrie Tappin
on 5/23/13 12:06 am - CT

On the weekdays at work, I basically eat the same thing:

1/2 cup of rolled oats (oatmeal) with sprinkle of cinnamon, NO butter, 2 pkts of Splenda, 1/4 cup of 2% milk

Sometimes a 1/2 to a whole banana or grapes.

Of course, coffee beforehand.

Weekends: Usually bacon (2 strips) 1/3 cup of grits, NO butter or just a small dab of butter, salt/pepper. Sometimes a fried egg.

Infrequently: will go to the diner and order grilled beef liver with bacon - YUMMY!!

RNY 5/25/2011                        
Spedteacher59
on 5/23/13 6:35 am - Levittown, PA

Quest Bar........Vanilla Almond Crunch is my favorite. Most of the bars have 20 grams of protein and no sugar or 1 to 2 grams of sugar. Very yummy! I can usually only eat 1/2 a bar at a time.....I save the rest for a mid-morning snack.

Kathy

Most Active
Recent Topics