Thanks in advance.

tglassburner
on 6/2/13 11:03 pm

I have a few more things before they schedule a date for my WLS, I need to lose 20lbs and pass a nicotine test, been cig free for 2 weeks. and I've lost 3 pounds since my nutritionist visit on Friday. I look forward to the friendship and support you all seem to provide each other. 

Thanks in advance,
Tom

PetHairMagnet
on 6/2/13 11:49 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

Good for you!!

My husband had the surgery last October and is down 122 lbs and he looks and feels like a new man!! He has lost over a dozen pant sizes and started at 354. He lost 30+ lbs on the liquid diet alone.

My advice--go to Goodwill or another thrift store and buy pants 2 sizes smaller than you wear now and then buy them each size down so when you do wake up one morning and no matter how tightly you cinch your belt the pants are still falling off, you have something to put on so you can go shopping. :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

tglassburner
on 6/2/13 11:53 pm

Thank you for the advice PetHairMagnet. I cannot find much at the thrift stores around here until quite a few sizes smaller I am a size 58/60 now and there's only like size 50 and smaller there. I will look and see what I can find elsewhere. This is the great advice I came here looking for.

Ocalasam
on 6/2/13 11:53 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

Good for you for quitting smoking!  That is hard on top of all the other changes you are about to make.  You are going to feel like a million bucks when you are done!

tglassburner
on 6/2/13 11:54 pm

Thanks. Yeah I feel better already.

Lisa_Douglas
on 6/3/13 12:01 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Do they have you on liquid diet or "lean and green"?  My husband was around the same size as you, and has been really successful on Lean and Green and is scheduled for surgery on July 1.  You can do it!!  Breaking addiction to food and nicotine at the same time - wow!!  Congratulations on starting down this new path! 

tglassburner
on 6/3/13 12:04 am

Right now I have to have a negative nicotine test before they will set a date. I also have to see the nutritionist again in a few weeks. Right now I'm on a high protein low carb diet. having a gluten intolerance kinda helps with the carb stuff.

Calla Lily
on 6/3/13 12:01 am
RNY on 01/23/12

You are already off to a great start! Congrats on quitting smoking! And I hope the next 17 pounds fly off you! My RNY was the best gift I have ever given myself, and I am sure once you have yours, you will feel the same!

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

KJS1228
on 6/3/13 12:17 am

You can do it!!!!  Quitting smoking is a difficult thing....all the best to you!

Karen

HW:  306   |   CW:  148.8|   GW:  149   Sleeved 5/30/13  Friend me on MFP: KJS1228

Kim S.
on 6/3/13 1:49 am - Helena, AL

Welcome!  Congrats on putting the cigs down.........you'll need that extra money for a new wardrobe!  Let us know if you have any questions.......we are here for you.

Most Active
Recent Topics