question on maintenance

browneyedDeeva
on 6/3/13 11:57 pm - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
hey everyone ,
i had a revision from vsg (5-26-2010 to rny on may 3rd 2013 it was a botched up vsg whish was done in mexico geeeeeeeez lol anyway . im feeling great finally and i just have a few questions is anything taboo to eat? of course i know eating healthy etc also i have been having pain on my left ovarie im hoping its not another issue and possibly it just might be irritated due to surgery . although i know its time for a gyn visit but i dont want her bouncing on my tummy just yet lol . any pointers would be very much appreciated

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

Laura in Texas
on 6/4/13 12:58 am

I'm confused. Your title mentions maintenance. Did you revise to RNY even though you are at your goal weight and just trying to maintain? Foods high in sugar (over 6 grams for many of us) or foods high in fat can cause some people distress. I can pretty much eat anything at 5 years out with no problems.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

browneyedDeeva
on 6/4/13 6:47 am - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
sorry Laura for the confuzzlement lol .
i am far away from my goal weight but ill get there this time
what i meant was after the 4 phrases that you go thru right after surgery . i wanted to kinow if i am able to eat different foods . like almonds . etc

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/4/13 1:53 am - OH

I share Laura's confusion about your question.  I am almost 6 years out and can eat all but just three foods (onion rings make me sick to my stomach -- no loss there, LOL -- and apple skins and the membrane from citrus fruit segments give me really bad gas).

Nothing in your pelvis should be irritated by surgery since nothing in a VSG or RNY ventures into the pelvic area.  How do you know the pain is specifically from your ovary, though?  After a number of ovarian cysts, I thought I had another cyst and it turned out to be my appendix; a second time we thought it was bladder pain and it was a mass that had enveloped the ovary.  VERY hard to distinguish one from another without an exam.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

browneyedDeeva
on 6/4/13 6:50 am - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
hiiiiiiii,
ok so that answers my question about my ovary. nothing to do with wls surgery yes im pretty certain its my ovary. ive always had problems with fibroids and cysts and bursting blah blah blah . ive had my appendix out when i was 10 . so that rulesa that out lol. okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk i guess i have to make an appt with my virginia dr
thanks you

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

poet_kelly
on 6/4/13 3:25 am - OH

Your surgeon didn't give you a meal plan?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

browneyedDeeva
on 6/4/13 6:51 am - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
hi kelly,
yes but its so cross the board . i just wanted to know if i am able to tolerate all foods. i guess trial and error . thank you

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/4/13 8:02 am - OH

It depends on your body.  Some people have lots of things they cannot tolerate, others have nothing that makes them sick (in moderation, of course).  For most people, it is more a matter of choosing not to eat certain foods rather than not being able to eat them.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 451 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 346 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 346 views