trying to stay motivated

anewme71
on 6/13/13 1:08 pm - TX
RNY on 10/11/13
Okay, so my insurance is one that requires me to lose 10% body weight before I can even sumbit for approval. I have jumped through all hoops but that one. I have lost about 13lbs and have about 15 to go and feel like I will never get there. My feet and knees hurt and I'm starving all the danged time. I am trying to follow the eating plan but I am sick of salad trying to fill me up. It's only me holding myself back so why can't I just do it?! Frustrated with myself! Did anyone else feel like they couldn't do pre op shakes? I have tried all combos of protein etc but I am starving to the point of nausea 2 hours later. Thanks for letting this newbie vent
poet_kelly
on 6/13/13 1:24 pm - OH

Are you working with a registered dietician to come up with a meal plan to help you feel full and lose the weight?  Salad doesn't keep you feeling full for long.  But if you eat a meal that includes a lot of fiber and some lean protein, you should feel full for more than two hours.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ebtiger24
on 6/13/13 1:50 pm - AL
RNY on 12/13/12 with

While on my 2 week liquid diet I would not have made it without yogurt.  That was what I ate between meals (shakes).  After the first week I was able to stay satisfied long enough.  Still wasn't easy, but my body did adjust. 

quiltpainter
on 6/13/13 8:52 pm - CT

my doctor put me on a liquid diet a couple of months before surgery. For the first two months of it, I had 2 liquid meals plus one small meal a day. For the last month I was on a full liquid diet. I wasn't really all that hungry and it helped me loose weight quickly. I lost about 30 lbs before my surgery.  I would have been hard to do that without the liquid diet optifast.

anewme71
on 6/14/13 4:45 am - TX
RNY on 10/11/13
Thank you all for the input. I am going to try and reprogram this weekend so to speak. Mix up the diet and rearrange the bedroom so I can move the exercise bike in from the carport (too stinking hot in west TX) . Also try some Wii fit for when I just need something to do besides think about food. Onward and upward!
PetHairMagnet
on 6/14/13 7:24 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I found doing at least one shake a day, if not two, really helped with weight loss prior to surgery. And I eliminated sugar and seriously cut down on fats and carbs and it helped!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

BWB
on 6/14/13 12:59 pm

I lost 35 lbs on a liver reduction diet.  It helped me get used to smaller portions and the right nutrition before surgery.  I will go back to it if I every need to lose weight in a hurry.

anewme71
on 6/18/13 12:38 am - TX
RNY on 10/11/13
Well I guessmy little pity party for 1 is over. Back to basics last week. And, I am happy to say that the scale is finally moving down again! Yay! Just goes to show you how important out emotional and thought processes are to this process
Most Active
Recent Topics