Normal??

PetHairMagnet
on 6/11/13 8:19 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I had my 4 week visit yesterday and was down 24 lbs and they were quite surprised I had lost that much. That is 6 lbs per week PLUS the 9-10 lbs of gain I had being on the IV. I went home 10 lbs heavier than I had weighed at admission 23 hours before. They were extremely pleased.

You should be quite pleased!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

snowball24life
on 6/11/13 8:28 am - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

Good Job! I appreciate your perspective as well. I guess I should look at it as this weight did not come on over night, so it will not come off over night either..

PetHairMagnet
on 6/11/13 8:36 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On June 11, 2013 at 3:28 PM Pacific Time, snowball24life wrote:

Good Job! I appreciate your perspective as well. I guess I should look at it as this weight did not come on over night, so it will not come off over night either..

Exactly!

Slow and sure will win the race! :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

jensieck76
on 6/11/13 9:57 am - TX
I am month out and down 36 pds. But I am at a stall now but I know its normal but I can really tell I am losing inches. Slow and steady! It really does win the race!! Chin up!

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13 laugh

CW 190!!! GW Anything under 200 was the icing on the cake...going for 170...lil more icing never hurt anybody!

newlifegirl
on 6/11/13 10:58 am
RNY on 06/06/13

I struggle with depression naturally, but I can tell you that even naturally "balanced" folks get depressed after a major life change. Your body endured a trauma with the operation, and your mind is reeling from the inability to cope with food. My dear, these are real issues that try our spirits! I think one on one therapy might be great for you to de-compress, and I think you would benefit from a support group, so you can hear how varied post-op weight loss is. Not to mention, you will likely meet folks who have had or are currently dealing with your same setbacks. 30 pounds sounds amazing. Go to the supermarket, pick up 3 ten pound bags of potatoes, and then ask yourself again if 30 pounds isn't "very much."

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 486 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 487 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 358 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 74 views
Recent Topics