Post Surgery Informative/cookbooks

Msbtsy
on 6/12/13 9:21 am - Cuyahoga Falls, OH
RNY on 10/23/13

Does anyone have any good suggestions for books that give information about post surgery or cookbooks for those who have had bariatric surgery?

baepage
on 6/12/13 9:39 am - MA
RNY on 04/22/13

I got a book,- Weight Loss Surgery Recipes for DummiesThis book has so many tips, and recipes.  I got it at Barnes & Noble. I also have the book Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies.. This book gives you information for each phase, it starts with going to the hospital, and goes all the way to eating on your own.  I love both books.

Barbara

Susan R.
on 6/12/13 2:17 pm - Harriman, TN
DS on 07/23/13

I have that cookbook , hard copy, and I have the WL surgery for Dummies both Kindle and hard copy.  Very informative!

Annie_Anaba
on 6/12/13 9:48 am
RNY on 08/27/12

Thats a good one and I think its on Kindle too. You can also visit eggface and bariatricfoodie sites. Those two ladies have some yummy recipes too.

oceanluv05
on 6/12/13 10:09 am

If you like the easy of online idea; I highly recommend theworldaccordingtoeggface .      There were a few highly recommended cook books I saw on Amazon.  Hope that's somewhat helpful.

Msbtsy
on 6/12/13 10:33 am - Cuyahoga Falls, OH
RNY on 10/23/13

Thanks for all your ideas!  I will definitely check them out.

Karen R.
on 6/12/13 2:10 pm
RNY on 04/14/13

You asked this on exactly the right date for me.  I just got four new bariatric/diet cookbooks (that I ordered in February and were held by the Ministry of Culture here since March--argh!).  I've had the chance to look through them a bit, and all look good with one small caveat.  They are:

Recipes for Life After Weight-Loss Surgery by Schulz

Extraordinary Taste:  A Festive Guide for Life After Weight Loss Surgery - Owens-Malett

Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery - Levine & Bontempo-Saray

The New Way to Cook Light - Cooking Light

My caveat is that Extraordinary Taste has no pictures of the meals.  I believe it's self-published by a dietician, so the info is really good.  But I'll confess I enjoy cookbooks as much for the visuals sometimes as the contents.  The book I've looked at most is the Recipes for Life one.  That looks fab!

I also go to the online sites people have told you about and I've grabbed a bunch of recipes from them and from the boards here that look particularly promising.  You can find my collection here.  I hope this is all helpful!

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Msbtsy
on 6/12/13 7:57 pm - Cuyahoga Falls, OH
RNY on 10/23/13

Thanks!  Lots of good information.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views