Moving into year two....

Sherry T.
on 6/14/13 5:50 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

I've made it!  I had my one year follow-up, labs were reasonably good....I about OD'd on B-12 (just kidding) but I was taking way too much....I thought more energy...I'll double up.  Not good...so I haven't taken any in a week.  I will start again next week.  My doctor was happy, I had wanted to make 150 lbs gone by year one but all the trials and tribulations of the last six months, I'll take 144 pounds....my scale was 147 lost but I'll take it.  :)  

I was just hoping someone who can post about life and weight loss going into year two...I would like to know what I'm facing, challenges.......I still have a good bit to lose and I do know I've got to get on the exercise band wagon more frequently...once I do that....the average weight loss might pick up again....its like I told my nutritionist. I feel like I'm shrinking it's just the scale isn't showing it.  I've lost 4 pounds the last 3 months...but I've had enormous stress.  I've committed to exercising every day until next Friday and maybe take a day off next weekend.   Aqua Zumba tonight!  

Plus, just wanted to thank each and everyone of you for your support, cheering me when needed and maybe pushing me when I needed that too!  I always knew I could come here for a question or just a good whine session...you always "listened".  And guess what, I had a dude do a double take as I was va******* out my car....LOL I took it as good...maybe I was looking especially cute today...who knows....I am feeling so much better.  I am working on the mental part so that I never have to be that way again....ever!  

Thank you!

Sherry 

JaneJetson60
on 6/14/13 6:08 am
RNY on 05/07/12

Hey girlie girl, I had surgery on the 7th right before you.  You are doing great!  I have lost 102 pounds and would be happy with about 30 more to go but it's going to come off slowwwwwww!!  I am good with that and treating myself as if I am in maintenance.  That doesn't mean I am eating everything, just that I am now using everything I have learned so I DON"T gain back.  I am literally terrified of looking like I did before.  I understand it's good to have a healthy fear, so I need to find a happy medium. 

Just keep up what your doing and realize that now we really have to watch it and this is a stage of our life now we and others  who are on to the next step of this journey are going to have to depend on one another and the vets.  I figure there will be a good 500 journey's we will be on! hahhahaha!

Take care and keep in touch!   Remember, going back is not an option, ever.  Jane . 

Sherry T.
on 6/14/13 12:12 pm - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

Jane :) My sister calls me girly girl all the time!! It's so true....but I can work hard as the next one!   Thanks for the post! We can do it!!  Life is so good....I just have to remember how far I've come! 

hugs!

Sherry

aliceindietland
on 6/14/13 7:42 am
RNY on 06/11/13

Congrats!  Hey, Dr. Hart did my surgery three days ago.  I'm glad to see someone doing so well. :)

"The first thing I've got to do," said Alice to herself, as she wandered about in the wood, "is to grow to my right size again..." -- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: http://therightsize.wordpress.com   Twitter: @therightsize  HW: 365  SW: 346 CW: 254

chrispy_man
on 6/14/13 9:10 am - Mystic, CT
RNY on 09/21/10 with
Sherry

I think the best advice anyone can give you is to follow your doctor's orders. That means adhering to the prescribed nutrition guidelines And exercising. For the exercise start out slow with a simple 20 minute walk everyday. If you do both you'll be surprised how much more you lose. I had a hard time adhering to the nutrition guidelines and exercise. Once I woke u p started following the nutrition and exercising as described I am back on the fast track losing weight. That was after a 20 to 30 percent regain during year two. Took the weight loss during your one for granted.

HW 440, SW 386, CW 229.8

Sherry T.
on 6/14/13 12:36 pm - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

thank you :) Nutrition is one of my concerns, my protein was borderline low but they didn't seem concerned about it but I am...does it mean I'm not doing enough...I've noticed I travel around my plate more and I should be focusing on the protein. Getting back to basics. Sometimes I still have to remember and tell myself...i am okay not being stuffed to the gills and I am satisfied. 

I know the exercise is key for me as well....when I did weigh****chers...no matter what I did, if I didn't exercise 2-3 times a week...nothing...and I know for the rest of my life this is a habit I need to make and keep it interesting so I don't get  bored.  I took have a nibble here and a nibble there and wonder how this will affect me after year 2.  I know I'm still in the honeymoon phase.

I'm excited to see what I can make happen in the coming months!  I may finally break this mental block I always get when I get to this weight and size that I am now....time will tell :) 21 days to make a habit is what I've always heard.

Take care and thanks!

Sherry

Laura in Texas
on 6/14/13 12:24 pm

Are you taking your measurements? If not, start doing so. You may want to start tracking your food, including weighing and measuring. We tend to over-estimate portion sizes and we can eat more in year two (and beyond). This is when it starts getting tricky. Continue to weigh yourself and do not live in denial, should the scale start to go up again. You can continue to do this!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Sherry T.
on 6/14/13 12:43 pm - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

You are right about tracking, even now sometimes I'm amazed at how much I can eat.   Like I said in the post above...I have to remind myself it's okay to not overstuff and I am satisfied.  I haven't been taking measurements but I know I should when the scale isn't my friend I can look back on that I am moving in the right direction.   

Went on vacation for 5 days with the family, good lord was I shocked when I got home...I will be taking the scale with me next time and no grazing in the car....no matter how much junk they   pass before me.  It only took a week to get it all back off but that was a week I should have been making progress not trying to get back to where I was....and made me realize how I have to really be more mindful...I had a great time!! Not sure if it was worth the poundage I put on though and I could really feel it. ugh :)  Life lessons!! Always learning and growing!

thank you!!

Sherry

Laura in Texas
on 6/14/13 12:52 pm

It sounds like you did relatively well on vacation. Good for you. Live and learn. I just hate it when people wake up and are "surprised" when they realize they are 50 pounds heavier. We must stay diligent and not let that happen!!

Keep up the good work!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Don 1962
on 6/14/13 8:50 pm

Good for you. Live and learn. I just hate it when people wake up and are "surprised" when they realize they are 50 pounds heavier. We must stay diligent and not let that happen!!

Maintenance in a nutshell.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!!