Closet cleaning!

Karens62
on 6/19/13 11:51 am - NC
RNY on 02/26/13
Wow, I cleaned out six large garbage bags of 5x, 4x, 3x and a couple 2x clothes tonight and while I'm loving the closet space, I realized I have little to nothing to wear for my next few work trips. I even went to goodwill, burkes outlet, thrift stores, etc. and didn't find anything I spent like spending even $3 on. Guess this weekend I'll just have to venture further.

I know it's a "good problem to have" but explain that to my boss when I show up naked!

HW - 319, SW - 303.5 

Miss Cocoa
on 6/19/13 11:57 am

What a FUN problem to have! Way to go!

Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile.

Missy A.
on 6/19/13 11:57 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12

We're in NC do you live? I'm in Raleigh and found a cool new consignment shop called Tatiana's closet. I'm definitely shopping ere more often!

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

Karens62
on 6/19/13 12:06 pm - NC
RNY on 02/26/13
I'm outside of Asheville so that's a bit of a haul but I'll keep it in mind if I get over that way.

HW - 319, SW - 303.5 

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/19/13 8:58 pm
Greenville SC is close to Asheville and we have lots of thrift stores, good wills and consignment.. Some close early opp n Saturdays...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

ShadowHR
on 6/19/13 12:23 pm - WI
RNY on 04/04/13

I have been doing the same thing, cleaning closets.  I have been lucky and found  some work pants at goodwill. I can't wait until my closet is bare, except for a few things to tide me over until I reach goal.

less is more!

Surgery Weight 245

brenda_m
on 6/19/13 1:18 pm - Renick, WV

Thats awesome!! I would love to have a thrift shop here in my area just for bigger sizes. There is none around here and knowing what its like trying to find clothes without having to pay an arm and a leg for them. If you or anyone is looking to get rid of clothing, please let me know.

healthy-rickfan1971
on 6/19/13 1:55 pm

I'm cleaning out my closet tomorrow. I had a HUGE pile of clothes that had materialized in front of the doors that had to be washed up (cause stupidly threw them on the floor, but always wash up before donating anyway. At least thats what my Mom taught me) and it ended up 4 large baskets full. I got through them and got out the donate from the keep for a while stills. Tomorrow I attack the closet. Am looking forward to pulling out the 2 boxes of jeans that have lurked at the bottom for pretty near 20 years. Many of them bought new and packed up because they looked bigger cut at the store, but didn't fit. And at the majorly gaining of all that weight I was too uncomfortable to use the dressing rooms. I got 1 bag full from the pile, I probably will have another 1 or even 2 by time I get through the over full boxes of winter stuff. Looking forward to having room to put up the clothes I can currently fit into, properly.

selhard
on 6/19/13 3:15 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

My 23-year old daughter gave me a couple pair of her old pants.  Never would have dreamed in a million years there would be a day I could wear her hand-me-downs.  Life is good.

ShadeMcG
on 6/19/13 9:12 pm
RNY on 11/04/12

LOL...I know that feeling...my 22 year old daughter and I are in the same dress size.  I never expected that.  Life is good! 

Life is not a dress rehearsal.

Height:  5'11", Highest Weight:  281  Surgery Weight:  266 Goal Weight:  165  Current Weight:  170

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views