In the ER...

Angela_Italiana
on 6/20/13 7:27 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13
I do still have it. The symptoms are similar? Just got done with the scan so waiting on results now..
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/20/13 8:40 am - OH

Gallbladder symptoms are similar but are generally not as extreme and usually flare up after eating.  Your symptoms are pretty classic for kidney stones.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Angela_Italiana
on 6/20/13 8:47 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13
Yes, doctor just confirmed its a kidney stone. One is trying to pass, and another is still waiting. The idea that another one is there ready to cause me additional pain churns my stomach!
terilynn112
on 6/20/13 10:44 am - maryland, NY
I've had two since January 1, 2013... Two surgeries for them too. Yes my surgeons all say the RNY has left me more prone to them. Higher protein diets, and the fact we dehydrate quickly adds to our risk for them. I work with a urologist for when I have them. I also work with a nephrologist for them. I had one in January, and one in March. Thank the Lord I've been free of them since.

The January was 4.8 mm's. The one in March was 8mm's. I have documented proof it went from 6 to 8 mm's as it descended partially. I'd had a ct scan 4 days before the second one... and ultimately the "emergency" surgery to break it up. I had surgery at 5 pm, and stayed the night. I had shots of morphine every hour on the hour until my system hadn't had food/drink long enough. Never had anything after I woke up from the surgery. I think I took a few oxycodones after returning home, when I'd attempt to do to much as the stent would get irritated. They pulled it 9 days later.

Oh, do not get overly upset if you start peeing red blood. That is ok, Do call, as it can be a kidney/bladder infection, or it can be irritation from the stone or stent. I freaked out, thought I would bleed to death. Once it was infection, once it was I was trying to do to much to soon.

Good luck and stay in touch.

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

PetHairMagnet
on 6/20/13 10:36 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Oh goodness, I hope you feel better soon and if they ARE kidney stones, that you can pass them!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

martitalinda
on 6/20/13 11:40 am

Hope you feel better soon.  (((((Hugs)))))

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

nurl
on 6/20/13 11:40 am
RNY on 05/14/13
Hope you feel better soon
heidivp_33
on 6/20/13 6:29 pm
I am in the hospital for a 7.5mm stone that i cant pass. Last month had pancreitis and gallstones do i had surgery to take my gallbladder out. I have missed so much work