Magnesium citrate

Katie K.
on 6/20/13 5:55 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
How quickly does this work? I have to take it Monday at 4:00, but I'll be on the road through bad rush hour traffic. I'm wondering if I should take time off from work to get to the other side of town before then.
jrjohnsonrn
on 6/20/13 9:30 pm - IA

If you are home within an hour or so, I am sure you will be all right.  It may take several hours before it kicks in, at least that is my experience when giving it to patients.

UnbreakableMe
on 6/20/13 9:45 pm
RNY on 06/06/12

The stuff never really worked for me.  I'm not sure what happened.  Hoping you have better results.  Good Luck!!  kiss

"For I know the Plans I have for you" ...Jeremiah 29:11

evabiggilall
on 6/20/13 10:01 pm - TX
RNY on 10/31/12

I was told to take it at noon the day before.  It took about 2 hours to work......but I was still going the morning of surgery....if I had to do it again I would take it early morning the day before surgery to make sure I was cleaned out the night before! lol I drank one full bottle.

RNY October 31, 2012.  

Larry Wassmann
on 6/20/13 11:05 pm - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

I take it each day. It does not work like a laxative for me. It just keeps me regular. If you are like me, you will not experience any emergency to get to the bathroom.

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

aliceindietland
on 6/21/13 2:08 am
RNY on 06/11/13

The bottle says .5 hours to 6 hours, so I guess it's pretty variable... it took about 4 to do anything for me.

"The first thing I've got to do," said Alice to herself, as she wandered about in the wood, "is to grow to my right size again..." -- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: http://therightsize.wordpress.com   Twitter: @therightsize  HW: 365  SW: 346 CW: 254

Katie K.
on 6/21/13 2:16 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13

Oh, thank God. I have visions of needing to pull over in rush hour traffic indecision

aliceindietland
on 6/21/13 2:19 am
RNY on 06/11/13

Yeah that would suck!

I do recommend earlier rather than later though.  I didn't drink mine until 6pm, it didn't kick in until like 10 or 11, and then uh... kept going throughout the night.  And was still going in the morning when I had to leave for the hospital.  I was so worried that it wouldn't be "finished" before I had to check in for surgery!  (I was fine, though.)

"The first thing I've got to do," said Alice to herself, as she wandered about in the wood, "is to grow to my right size again..." -- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: http://therightsize.wordpress.com   Twitter: @therightsize  HW: 365  SW: 346 CW: 254

Katie K.
on 6/21/13 2:32 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13

That must be why the care coordinator was so specific about taking it at 4:00. I don't expect to be able to sleep much on Monday night, though.

Katie K.
on 6/21/13 3:30 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13

She said results may vary, that it could be 2 hours or not at all. She said 4:00 wasn't set in stone and that I could drink it when I got closer to where I was going. What a relief! heh. I'm a comedian.

Most Active