Surgery in less than 48 hours, and so many thoughts running through my head!

changingmomma
on 6/19/13 1:25 pm

Hi :) I have been browsing this site for several months, but this is my first post!

Wow, the last 6 months have been a whirl wind. I can't believe I have finally made it to my surgery week. To say I am nervous, scared, and worried is definitely an understatement. My nerves are going crazy, but in a good way. I am scheduled for Friday June 21st, 2013 - not too many hours away!

As a health care worker, it is going to be so different being on the "patient" side of things. I am used to reassuring families that "everything is going to be okay" and to "just relax" but I am having a hard time giving myself that same advice. I am ready though, I have been preparing myself for this week for a while now!!

Does anyone have any "must have's" for the hospital stay? I obviously have the essentials but is there anything you "wish' you would have taken to the hospital?

I look forward to participating on this site, and I wish all of you luck who are starting your journey!

Needanewbeginning
on 6/20/13 12:01 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I know you are nervous, but things will go well and before you know it you will be on your way home. What I was told to bring and didn't was a pillow, for that car ride home, I think you know all the other things o bring, but that pillow sure would ave made the ride home easier enlightened

Good luck and see you on the bench 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/13 5:21 am - NJ

I was so nervous before my surgery that I wasn't quite sure I would even make it to the hospital. But I did. And I would do it over 9 million times if I had to! Best decision we can make for ourselves! It's scary but 10000000000000% worth it!!! You can do this!

trinabeana
on 6/20/13 7:01 am - VA

hi changingmomma,

my surgery date is also June 21, 2013. I'm feeling much the same as you! I wish you good luck and hope that we can learn from each other on our journey :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 268 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 280 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 279 views