three months post op and ohhh boyyyy

heidivp_33
on 6/25/13 12:18 pm
Well a month and a half after bypass surgery i got pancreitis and gallstones. Had surgery to remove my gallbladder. A month and a half later i now have a 7.5 mm kidney stone. Last friday i had surgery to have a stent put in, and this friday i have surgery to blast the stone and get the stent out. So thats four surgeries in three months. Taking a hit on my wallet since all togerher i couldnt work seven weeks. Still down 52 pounds and no regrets.
Jilly Bean
on 6/25/13 12:24 pm - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

First, good attitude!  Secondly, hope the rest of your journey is uneventful. You could use a break. Congrats on your weight loss so far. That's amazing!!!

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

brenda_m
on 6/25/13 12:59 pm - Renick, WV

Wow, good attitude but I really hope things start going better for you after all this. Good Luck!!! Keep your chin up!!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/25/13 1:41 pm - OH

Well, at least the stent placement and lithotripsy to blast the stones don't involve any cutting of anything, so the recovery time is minimal.  (I just had it done last Wednesday for  8mm and 10mm stones.)  I am on round three of kidney stones since my RNY 6 years ago (and never had one before then), so I know how miserable they can be.  It will be even more important for you to stay very well hydrated since you are obviously one prone to stones.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

heidivp_33
on 6/26/13 12:19 am
Thank you everyone for the kind and helpful replies
PetHairMagnet
on 6/26/13 7:07 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Yikes, you have had a time of it! Glad that you are still so positive!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Recent Topics