sorta OT - anyone interested in trying a vegan diet for a couple weeks?

Candy V.
on 7/7/13 12:41 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2012/10/05/the-toxic-truth-about-soy/

Great info! I found this article on the same site.  SCARY, I had no idea.  I eat a little soy, but will avoid it now!

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

chulbert
on 7/7/13 1:45 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

I do not get my scientific research from bloggers.  But thanks!

selhard
on 7/6/13 2:07 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

I'm interested what has prompted you to want to try the vegan diet?  What are you expecting/anticipating will change for you?  I have wondering if/ how lipid panel readings change eating more meat and dairy products?  Because I am in such a state of routine and comfort, I will stick with what I am doing, but please do share more.  

poet_kelly
on 7/6/13 4:03 pm - OH

For me, it's about eating a more humane diet, a diet that doesn't contribute to the suffering of animals raised for food, and also a diet that's better for the planet.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

chulbert
on 7/6/13 2:59 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

I'm really tempted but I just freaking LOVE cheese too much.  :)

poet_kelly
on 7/6/13 4:01 pm - OH

I love cheese, too.  A LOT.

Can you live without it for a week or two?  Or try some soy cheese (I know it doesn't taste the same).

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

mom2threeboyz
on 7/7/13 10:25 am - Colorado Springs, CO

Whole foods (and Im sure other health food chains) carries quite a few vegan cheeses that are really good.  My kids couldnt even tell the difference.  The consistancy is a little different, but they taste great.

illinois Gama D.
on 7/7/13 1:56 am

oH  MAN, with my protein level at 4 I would be a train wreck, I am relying on skim milk, greek yougart, farm fresh eggs and we get or own meat  Via, venision, rabbit:) not to big on the chickens fresh from the farm, ...........I don't do as well with soy as I do skim procucts. working on the level, hope surgery fixes the prob  the 16th, good luck Kelly.

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 460 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 471 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 354 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 47 views
Recent Topics