Signs of blockage?

CubanQueen
on 7/14/13 10:42 am - FL
RNY on 06/18/13
If anyone has ever experienced this please help ease my worries!

Since yesterday I have not been able to eat more than 2 bites of food and then I feel like its stuck! I had 2 bites of a cheese quesadilla (doc ok'd it) and then I felt miserable, I tried to walk it off & wasn't relieved until I threw it up. So I kept it simple for the rest of the day. Again today I kept it easy with only smooth textures until for dinner I had some steam veggies & 2 bites of chicken. I chewed it up really good & I have the same feeling.

Help!!!
poet_kelly
on 7/14/13 10:49 am - OH

I'd call your doc in the morning.  You're right around the time that strictures are common.  Until then, I'd stick to things like protein shakes or yogurt.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Sherrie P.
on 7/14/13 10:51 am
RNY on 02/06/13

I was not eating what you are eating at 4 weeks out.

I had to have liquids until 3 weeks out and then only soft/purees where you are now.  There is no way I could have tolerated chicken at your stage.

Maybe you were just too aggressive with your diet?

Hopefully not a stricture.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

CubanQueen
on 7/14/13 11:01 am - FL
RNY on 06/18/13
I guess I was too lucky and just need to dial it back a bit. I'm licking on a SF Popsicle in hopes it will help it go down
Justcallmesuz
on 7/14/13 11:14 am
RNY on 05/08/13

I'm almost 10 weeks out ans still cannot handle chicken. 

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/14/13 2:01 pm - OH

Chicken and tortillas are both foods that many people have trouble with. Both have a somewhat sticky texture when they are chewed up.  Are you able to eat things that chew up better (Tuna? Vegetables? Not sure what is on your plan...)

if other solid foods go down ok, it is probably just those foods that are an issue right now.  If other things also feel stuck, call your surgeon ASAP since it might be a stricture and it can sometimes take a while to get an EGD scheduled to dilate a stricture.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 446 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 401 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 335 views