Vacation and a trip to the ER..

Angela_Italiana
on 7/14/13 2:13 pm - CA
RNY on 03/04/13
This weekend my family and I went to a beautiful resort in Palm Springs (California), about two hours east of where we live in San Diego. Even though the weather is much hotter, about 110, we stay in the pool and enjoy

We arrived Friday evening, and by 2am Saturday morning I was experiencing an all to familiar pain in the lower right side of my back. Within an hour I knew it was only going to get worse, so I found the nearest hospital and back to the ER I went for Kidney Stones. Luckily, they were able to get me in and start an IV with some pain relief right away. Unfortunately I was there for about six hours, and by the time I get back to the hotel room I was loopy from the meds and exhausted. I was able to salvage the second half of my day, and the remainder of the weekend thanks to the pain meds I was prescribed. I really hope these stones don't become a constant in my life. Since this is the second ER visit in three weeks due to Kidney Stones, I will be making an appointment with the urologist ASAP. Who knows if they will come back, but better to be safe than sorry.

Hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/14/13 3:25 pm - OH

I feel your pain.  I had to be taken from work on Wednesday because I was passing a stone.  (I had lithotripsy to blow apart the large stones on the right kidney, but there was still a 5mm one in the left kidney.)  that is the fourth trip to the ER for me in about 3 years because of kidney stones (and I never had one in the previous 47 years of my life)!

Glad you were able to salvage the rest of the trip!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Angela_Italiana
on 7/15/13 7:22 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13
I read your post about that, and after I was out of the ER I thought of your post right away. You were very kind in offering me advice on the first go around three weeks ago, and it's nice to have another person to relate to with this. I hope for both out sakes that they stop, because that pain is just horrific. I'm leaving for London in three weeks, and I keep thinking about what if it happened while I was on a ten hour flight?!

Do you have a prescription for pain meds? And have you seem a urologist?
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 439 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views