Home after surgery

wildivie
on 7/19/13 3:12 pm - TX
RNY on 07/17/13
Well I came home late this afternoon after a rough last 20ish hours. My first day after surgery was great until I could begin drinking the following day. Every sip I take has been making me nauseous although it's gotten a little better the past couple of hours. Every sip makes my stomach grumble and I have to burp. Is that relatively normal? Guess I'm just getting used to my rearranged insides. Today my second IV (which took numerous tries to place) came out of the vein again so I went nearly 24 hours with no pain meds, until about an hour ago. The nasty liquid lortab just seemed so daunting considering I was having issues with jus****er. I'm so glad I took it and got low cal G2 though. It's made such a difference! About how long did it take you all to stop feeling gross while drinking?

HW:274 (Nov 2011 pre-pregnancy) Starting weight: 243 Day of Surgery: 231

VintageChick
on 7/19/13 8:37 pm

I'm 2 months out and it is getting better. But I still take caution with the first sip of the day especially. Burping is my new way of life... that has not changed from the day I came home! 

baepage
on 7/19/13 10:32 pm - MA
RNY on 04/22/13

I am 3 months out, I still burp when drinking or after eating.  It took me about a week to be able to get all my water in, just keep sipping and it will get easier.  I can now take bigger gulps of water with no problem.  It gets so much easier.  I bet by next week you will feel better.  hang in there

Barbara

Most Active
Recent Topics