Questions about bras....

Sherry T.
on 7/14/13 1:05 pm - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

sorry if this is TMI...but I need some suggestions....between the current weight loss and the weight loss in 08-09, I had a good supply of bras but now I am beyond frustrated because I can seem to get one to fit...they are either too big, or I adjust the straps and then the boob falls out of the bottom if I reach up or make an odd move....LOL its funny but its not.   I know I need to go get fitted for a bra...but I don't want to spend alot of money because I hope my circumference will get smaller...sure the heck not the girls...they are about shrunk up raisins that I have to roll up and stuff in a padded bra.  And' I'm still in the upper 240's!! By the end of this I may just need a rubber band to hold them up. 

So, I am asking did you get fitted when you lost a good amount of weight or try on a few at walmart??  I thought about going to Belks and see if they had someone who could help me....I've never bought a bra in a regular store...its always been Lane Bryant, Catherine's (very pricey) or Online which was always a guess and then hoped it fit...I always ordered it bigger just in case. 

Ahhh well, on another good point...the scale is still crazy but I do see some shrinkage in the belly...a skirt I wore to church 4 weeks ago..may not fit next month....so happy about that... need to start saving up a few dollars for some clothes...I'm wearing all the clothes from the weight loss before...by fall..definitely christmas....don't think I'll have anything I can wear.  Woot Woot!!

Have a good week and thanks for the suggestions!

Sherry

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/14/13 1:30 pm - OH

I just went to a couple of different stores and started trying on bras.  Even though I am done losing, I still wear a 36 or 38 DDD, so I have to get VERY supportive (I refer to them as "industrial strength") bras. If you are falling out the bottom of the bra, the band size is too large.  It is the band, not the straps , that actually provide most of the support (or SHOULD). Even with my breast size, with the sagging and loose skin, there is always a little extra space in the top of the cup (but a smaller cup is too small).

It is probably just going to be trial and error, but you may find that a higher end bra than you will find a Walmart may fit better.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Kellysnewlife
on 7/14/13 1:42 pm - LA
RNY on 08/15/12

Depending upon the amount of support you need, you might try a Genie bra.  They are super comfortable. I am fairly well endowed so they are not my bra of choice for work/going out but I like them for around the house or a quick run to the store to pickup essentials. The sizing is fairly forgiving and they are about $20 for two at Target, Walmart , etc...

JaneJetson60
on 7/14/13 1:47 pm, edited 7/14/13 1:47 pm
RNY on 05/07/12

Lora is right you need to go out to a high end department store and try different brands on.  For me I have always like Bali under garments and have gone from a 42D to a 36C which is heaven and haven't been that size since high school.  Of course my boobs looked a hell of a alot better then than they do now but it's a fair trade off for the weight loss.  I am also 60 years old but was raised to wear nice garments and it really makes a difference when you wear clothes. Nothing worse than women walking around with sagging boobs in their bras under clothes because they don't fit correctly.  Good luck and let us know how it goes. Jane kiss

Oxford Comma Hag
on 7/14/13 2:22 pm
Go get fitted for a bra! I have gone down a few sizes but I refuse to have LSMFT (loose straps means floppy tits) . I will economize on everything but bras. I like the girls to be upfront and supported. Macy's and Nordstrom are great pla es to go and Macy's has lots of sales. You will be measured and walk out with a bra that does the girls proud.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Sherry T.
on 7/15/13 2:09 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

You are so right, I had to LOL at the LSMFT cause you are so right!! And nothing more embarrassing to get caught hauling the strap up and the boob with it....ugh! :)   

ArwensRose
on 7/14/13 3:00 pm
RNY on 09/06/12

please please please go here and read and learn and ask questions http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/  They can help you get the right size and send you to stores and websites that are inexpensive.  Once you have your size, you can get some online and its not nearly as high as in the store.  I was able to get properly fitted (which I couldn't get in a Nordstom's or a Macy - not everyone knows how to really fit properly) and get 5 bra's for around $130.  I will need to get refitted again  as I lose more, but at least I have support for now.

Laura in Texas
on 7/14/13 10:00 pm

Good for you!! It is one of my biggest pet-peeves when people post pictures here and their boobs are hanging down to their belly-button. We MUST wear proper undergarments even when we are losing. We look so much better when everything is in it's proper place.

Do you have a Hanes outlet near you? I really like Bali bras. These are one of my favorites:

http://www.onehanesplace.com/outlet/bras/bali-bra/bali-passi on-for-comfort-minimizer-underwire-with-comfortable-back-bra

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Sherry T.
on 7/15/13 2:05 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

I do! That's a great suggestion....and I will this week....it sounds like I'm overdue for a fitting...and I don't think atleast two will break the budget.  Then I'm going to toss everything else out...I never realized what a hoarder I am of certain things! 

Thanks everyone!! 

Sherry

guttedgrace
on 7/14/13 11:50 pm
RNY on 05/02/13

You can go to Victoria's Secret and they will do a bra fitting for free.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 467 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views