3 weeks post op & and only lost 8 lbs?

okinawamama53
on 7/21/13 10:25 pm, edited 7/21/13 11:41 pm

I had my surgery on July 1st and have only lost 8 lbs (appros). Am I eating too much. I'm on pureed right now. I have my 3 week post op on Thurs. Will doc be disappointed with this amount of weight loss? 

poet_kelly
on 7/21/13 10:30 pm - OH

I doubt it would be possible to eat too much right now.  How much are you eating?  Are you following your doctor's meal plan?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

DoryAnne2
on 7/22/13 8:00 am
RNY on 04/01/13

My weight loss was slower in the beginning, and then there were some weeks it really picked up.  I think as long as you're honestly doing what you're supposed to be doing, the weight loss will take care of itself.  I didn't weight myself that often, as I was trying to stop the behaviors that I was enslaved to beforehand.  Try to relax and just trust that it will work for you as long as you follow your doctor's plan.

HW:  268    SW:  255    GW:155    CW:  158

THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE AREN'T THINGS.

RNY Surgery on 4/1/13   with Dr. Gohil

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 73 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 297 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?