Consultation appt Aug 15

browneyes65
on 7/26/13 5:05 am - IN

What should I expect , they said 3 hours long ?

dahoodman
on 7/26/13 9:14 am - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

Hopefully they will go over the various surgery options and help you decide which one would be good for you. If your surgeon does not do the 3 top ones RNY/Sleeve/DS, then make sure you read up on all three and talk with surgeon(s) that can do each or all three. A surgeon that only does RNY will obviously recommend RNY when you may be a better candidate for something else. They may weigh you and go over BMI and all that good stuff. It's hard to say what they'll do. I had a class that was 2 hours and then a consult that was about an hour. It sounds like they are doing it all in one visit which isn't bad. It doesn't give you as much one-on-one time. Don't be shy, ask as many questions as you see fit and don't think any question is a dumb question. After you do your consult/class, make sure you READ READ READ about all the surgeries and I don't just mean read forum posts. Seek out good MEDICAL information on the surgeries and complications. Seek out REVIEWS on your SURGEON and HOSPITAL. Don't be afraid to ask your surgeon his/her "record" for success and failures. I asked mine how many died on him. He didn't hesitate a second to tell me that one patient died on the table. He did say that there were many health related cir****tances that led to it. Don't go into this blind like so many seem to do. Your success is directly related to the amount of education you give yourself.....SERIOUSLY!

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week