Wow true colours from a chubby friend

BWB
on 7/27/13 11:58 pm

You have a plan and that counts for 99% of your success.  I call that a TAV...Turn Around Victory.  Congratulations and wishing you much success on your pony.  It sounds like fun. 

Note:  My DIL is a horse lover.  She goes to show, jumps, and everything you all do, she has the tight butt that horseback riding helps to develop.  i'm so envious. LOL

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/13 3:11 am

What is good for you may not be what is good for your friend. I wouldn't say she is jealous I would say it isn't an option for her at this time and you may feel a little disappointed that she is not following in your foot steps. Not everyone agrees with WLS ,, that is their problem. Plus they are entitled to their opinion just like you are.  Just prove to her that WLS is the best option for you... You cant make her decision for her

quiltpainter
on 7/29/13 1:54 am - CT

You got it right that this surgery is for you alone.  You may end up motivating her once she see's how successful you are. Its not for everyone, but let them make their own decisions.  My best friend always worried it would change our relationship (she could really use the surgery too). She didn't think I would want to be friends with someone overweight once I got my new life.  She would tell me her doctor told her everyone gains the weight back after the surgery.....she is honest and we always talk about her feelings.  She is still my best friend. I will support her in whatever weight loss efforts she wants to take.  There are people who can be successful without surgery I was not one of them, but I will support everyone's weight loss efforts.  I also have to remind myself that its still major life changing surgery and not without risks, so unless my friend is considering it on her own I would never try to talk her into having surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 167 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 262 views