1st aponment went well today

marissa1987
on 8/5/13 4:43 am
1st aponment today. I ment the PA and she talked about what Drs I need to see and going to support groups I have to lose 15lbs. And walk 60 mins a day. This is going to be hard.
angeleigh
on 8/5/13 4:56 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

It seems like a lot at first, but just make a list and check them off as you go. For the walking just break it up into smaller bits. I started doing 15 mins in the morning, then 15 mins in the evening. After about 2 weeks I had worked up to 45 mins at night. I was doing the gym before i started the process but I wasnt going every day. About every other day. I also learned doing my 6 month program that swimming was great for me.

The support groups help, you can ask questions and hear other peoples stories.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

karenp8
on 8/5/13 5:07 am - Brighton, IL

Support group is a big help and I really enjoy mine. It is my only chance to talk to other people who have had the surgery. Each of the steps takes time but is really important to your overall success. If you want to lose the weight and keep it off,exercise will be an important part of your new life. Start with where you are on the exercise and work from there. When I started I was out of breath going down my basement steps and now I walk 4 miles a day! If I can do this you can too if you want it bad enough!

marissa1987
on 8/5/13 5:55 am
I made a list of what I have to do and im going walking tonight for 15 mins. Im going to be in pain but what is that saying? NO PAIN NO GAIN. I was told no more Hershey bars m6 favorite candy. But im doing it to get healthy again. Did you make a food diary? I am.
jamienichols22
on 8/5/13 12:44 pm - MI

I use lose it.com it helps keep track of the foods you eat and the exercise that you do as well. I go for my consultation on August 29th

marissa1987
on 8/5/13 10:19 pm

I hope your apt gose well

VintageChick
on 8/5/13 1:38 pm

I lost about that on my two week liquid diet just prior to surgery. It wasn't easy, but it is doable. You can do it!!! :)

lap RNY 5-15-13

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?