Hair loss HELP!!!

Chrissynl07
on 8/21/13 11:52 am - NC
So im now 9 mnths out from my surgery and my hair is still falling out its sooooo thin now i cant afford to losr anymore or i wont have any... I have heard biotin but how much should i take since its coming out.soo bad somebody please help me my hair is one of my most important traits to myself
Jacob H.
on 8/21/13 12:05 pm - CA

Biotin works really good, helps with nails too

monty_mar
on 8/21/13 12:05 pm
RNY on 06/07/13

I would take 1-3 pills a day. I also would talk to your doctor about getting a script for prenatal vitamins. Those really help. Best of luck, I started taking biotin because I feel the same way you do about your hair.

Chrissynl07
on 8/21/13 12:06 pm - NC
How long after taking biotin should i see results?
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/21/13 12:13 pm - OH

The biotin won't do anything to stop the loss and is not a miracle hair growth vitamin.  It just encourages it, and some people notice no difference in their hair or their nails.  Even if it helps with regrowth, it is not like you are going to suddenly notice a huge growth spurt.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/21/13 12:11 pm - OH

It depends on what dose the pills are.  Some come in 7500 unit tablets and you definitely would NOT want to take more than one of those a day!  I have never seen a suggested dose in any medical literature. The biotin will NOT do anything to keep any more hair from falling out.  All it can do is help promote new growth.  Some people, though, (like me) didn't find that the biotin really helped the hair grow any faster than it normally does.

Be aware that some people experience excess facial hair growth from too much biotin (and the facial hair is permanent).  I experienced that when taking 7500 per day.  I stopped taking it completely for a while and the started taking a smaller dose.

I lost hair from months 4 to 9, and just about the time I was starting to panic because the loss was so heavy, it very suddenly stopped.  (I lost literally half my hair, and had to cut 6 inches off of it (in two separate cuts) to keep it looking decent.)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Jacob H.
on 8/21/13 12:12 pm - CA

Mine was a couple weeks, at least for my finger nails, unfortunately thanks to genetics it only slowed the progression of my hair loss, although my facial hair came in much thicker in about the same time

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views