BLAH

Sarahakers11
on 8/29/13 2:35 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

SO I have had a very crazy last year, My husband retired from the military and couldnt find a job (has one now but it pays much less) we lost our house, two of our kids graduated and left last weekend for college several hundred miles away, and I had surgery..plus all the other stuff life throws at you.   I am not sure if its because I have had 5 kids since 19 and now there is just 1 left and he is at school or work most days. Or if its because I am at that point where most people have seen me and while I am still steadily losing there isnt the daily "WOW you look great" or "How much have you lost"  so I am into the more steady working of my tool.  But i just feel BLAH.  Not bad not good just kind of there.  Anyone else feel this way?  After all the ramp up of getting approved then pre- surgery stuff, then recovery, being a little melancholy.  If thats even the right description for it.  I think its just my brain catching up after the roller coaster ride! 

Oh well ...nothing a good workout wont cure I suppose :P

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

Member Services
on 8/29/13 2:46 am - Irvine, CA

Hang in there  Things will get better and no matter what anyone else says you know you are doing it for "YOU"  Congratulations on your surgery and living life as it was meant to be lived!

JaneJetson60
on 8/29/13 3:47 am, edited 8/29/13 3:48 am
RNY on 05/07/12

Welcome to the real world of the after surgery blues.      It is normal.  I didn't feel that until about 13 months out but knew after it's all said and done, people are use to you, no more anticipations, not as many wow moments from friends and family. You are getting settled into the routine but you have a ways to go yet so I would say with all that's going on in your life right now, yeah, I would be having some blah moments.  Children grow up, leave the nest.  This void of transitioning into your new role as a mom and you aren't needed the way you use to be and that is the way it should be.You want them to be independent.  Doesn't mean it's easy, but remember back to the days you were their age and life was just beginning and the world is theirs now!  Being in the military as you know was a constant change in progress, usually alot of moving to different states, even different countries.  Believe me, I am only speaking from experience to you because I was raised in a military family and married into military many moons ago.  I remember when my dad retired and it was a huge change going from military to civilian life.

This is so easy to say on my end and I don't have to tell you life has it's highs and lows. Now you have to find out who YOU are after so many years of your life being a mom.

Just keep coming here for support.  This site isn't all about  weight loss and, we deal with life's problems all the time.   and we are here to help each other out.  Take care and keep in touch.   Jane   kiss

Sarahakers11
on 8/29/13 3:51 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

Thanks.  Yeah I think thats why its all so Blah- as in just calm.  I need to learn how to just be.  Without something going on all the time.  I am so HAPPY for my kids but also mourning the loss of the parent/child relationship as it is when they are young.  I am looking forward to the new one though.  Thanks for your kind words!

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/13 6:40 am

It is hard when our kids move.Even though they drive us crazy sometimes. My son left for school last year and he will be done in February but will be moving.I finally could put up his graduation pictures. Our kids fill the emptiness sometimes and it is hard. But what you have done for yourself is a great thing.One thing I know it is going to sound silly is I go get my hair done and my nails done.It makes you feel better.I hope you start feeling not Blah anymore.

kksnewsong
on 8/29/13 5:48 am
RNY on 06/06/13
We have been retired over 25 yrs and I still miss the military life! Its a big change on top of all you got going on too! Been there with stuff! Probably take sometime to readjust. After working 2 more jobs and retiring from them on 10 yrs we are now able to travel and do things without worrying about kids and pets. Hang on and find a hobby that makes you happy or do volunteer work! For many a year I had a lot of responsibility with my parents because of health problems and still with my mom so you just have to hang in there! Our military retirement turned into everything but what I thought it was gonna be but now its finally getting good! So cheer up and look forward to better days and being blah is part of surgery plus you are almost a empty nester so that kinda playing in there. I had 2 sons 8 yrs apart the youngest been out of house for 11yrs and I miss both of them! But also enjoy freedom we have now.that my husband has finally retied for good! Hope you get over blahs soon!
  1.     kksnewsòng

sharon13
on 8/30/13 7:43 am - PA

Oh yes the blahs. I have been having these for 2 months now.  And like you I thought I was alone. But here on OH I find that I / We are not alone.  That this is just part of the phase of our new bodies.  Hang in there, I know most days it feels awful hard to do just that but you need to.  I learn so much from other people on here, it helps me to get on just to read what others have written, most of the time I get my answer to a question I have without even having to ask it.  Keep up the great work.

Highest Weight 303   Pre Surgery 278   Date of Surgery 4/3/2013

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 439 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 394 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 332 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 431 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?