Puking my Friday night away.

Jen75
on 9/6/13 12:26 pm
RNY on 07/18/13
My kids had some gold fish tonight and I was craving them so bad. So I thought I would just have 5. Big mistake. 5 minutes later I was throwing up. I still feel miserable like a rock is sitting in my pouch. Lesson learned.
65rosesmom
on 9/6/13 1:05 pm

So sorry.   I don't think 5 goldfish would make me that sick....did you not chew them enough?

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

JenniPenny
on 9/7/13 3:50 am - MN

It's probably not how well you chewed them but what they're made of. Fake oil and fake cheese (orange powder and more oil) is what usually makes us puke. Many can do crackers quite well, but for me the oil in them is the culprit.

Jen 12 yrs post op RNY

Mo Diggity
on 9/6/13 3:22 pm - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

Wow, that's awful :( Upside is you won't have goldfish cracker cravings any time soon !! ;)

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

Jen75
on 9/6/13 11:10 pm
RNY on 07/18/13
I did chew them well and ate them one at a time. I find even at 7 weeks post op I don't do well with foods that aren't in soup form. ( have moister and blended) I think it was too dry and dense.
Yup...that cured my craving for a while!
Lol

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/6/13 11:27 pm, edited 9/6/13 11:27 pm - OH

They may have been dry, but 5 goldfish crackers are not too dense.  They are not dense at all, in fact.  Dense foods would be things like chicken, beef, tuna, or heavy breads.  Most people find that they tolerate crackers VERY well (too well for their own good, LOL) because they chew up into almost nothing, so it is easy to eat a lot of them before feeling full.

What does Dr Schumacher say about not being able to tolerate only liquids for so long?  Definitely quite unusual.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.