No loss for a month

HFrederick613
on 9/13/13 1:02 am - PA
Hello everyone. I am 7 months post op and haven't lost anything for just about a month. Is this normal or is my honeymoon period over? I stick to my plan , get all my protein, water, and vitamins. I'm not sure what to do to end this stall. Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

Heather

Member Services
on 9/13/13 1:05 am - Irvine, CA

Hello Heather,

Congratulations on your WLS   Try changing up your eating and exercise to trick the body. Also give your surgeon's office a call and they may have some suggestions for you. Keep doing what has worked and this too shall pass. If you are using the scale as the only measure of success, please be sure and take your measurements.  Many times the scale will not move but you are still losing inches.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/13/13 2:02 am - OH

It is likely just a stall. Your honeymoon period doesn't just end suddenly... it slowly fades as your body adapts to the caloric malabsorption and as your body becomes smaller (and therefore the daily caloric deficit is smaller).

More protein and fewer carbs and more activity may help, but sometimes you just have to keep doing what you know you should be doing and wait it out.  Around 6 months, 9 months, and 12 months are very common times for stalls.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Justcallmesuz
on 9/13/13 6:14 am
RNY on 05/08/13

I just got over a stall. I did not lose anything from month three to month four. It's frustrating, bit it happens.

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

HFrederick613
on 9/13/13 6:45 am - PA
Thank you for the replies. I hope it ends soon but I'm glad to know that it happens. Thanks.

Heather

Most Active
Recent Topics