help with diet please

chubberz
on 9/10/13 8:35 am - sun city, CA

i will be having my surgery soon and prior to that i have to go on a two week liquid diet can anyone reccomend any suggestions or recipes that i can try thanks ! !!!!!

Shaedan26
on 9/10/13 8:40 am - Akron, OH

I am in your shoes now!  I am on the liquid diet for my surgery 9/20/13.  I like the Strawberry Banana Special K protein drinks and the Atkins Milk Chocolate and Vanilla shakes.  They don't have that alcohol after taste.  When is your surgery?  I need someone to help me stay on this liquid diet cause Lord knows I want to eat. lol We can help each other

poet_kelly
on 9/10/13 8:40 am - OH

It depends on what your surgeon suggests.  Is it a clear liquid diet?  Full liquids?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Shaedan26
on 9/10/13 8:56 am, edited 9/10/13 8:57 am - Akron, OH

Poet_ Kelly, I will hopefully be getting out of the hospital then. My surgery date is 9/20. Maybe we can meet before then? When is good for you?

poet_kelly
on 9/10/13 8:59 am - OH

The next couple weeks are not so good for me because my service dog has a sprained ankle and is off duty for two weeks.  That makes it difficult for me to go places.  Maybe after you get out of the hospital?  Like after a couple weeks when you feel better?  We could go to Starbucks for a skinny vanilla latte or something.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Ceithlenn
on 9/10/13 11:36 am - WI
RNY on 08/28/13

I think what saved me was making stock to have when I was overwhelmed by so much sweet. 

Good luck!

diane48
on 9/10/13 12:33 pm
RNY on 05/07/13

If it is full liquids you are talking about, I enjoyed the soups in a box at Trader Joes.  Their tomato red pepper bisque was real good.  I would let it cool some before putting in protien powder otherwise it turned chunky!   Unjury has a great chicken broththat has high protien levels.

Most Active