G-Tube Question

aprilchanel
on 9/19/13 2:09 am

hello all, for those of you that has or  had a G-tube what is that jumping feeling in your stomach when you wear the binder???? its like i can see the tube throbbing i don't know if it means the binder is too tight and putting a lot of pressure on it or what but like i can literally see the tube jumping and throbbing ..... have any one experience this before?

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/19/13 2:19 am - OH

I had a G-tube for 2.5 weeks after surgery (but only wore the binder for about half that amount of time (because it was too long for my short torso), but I never noticed anything like that.  What you are seeing might be the pulsing from your heart pumping blood. If that is the case, the binder may very well be too tight. I would loosen it a bit and see if it subsides.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

65rosesmom
on 9/19/13 5:23 am

Do you feel you still need the binder at this point?  I never had a g-tube, but my daughter has one.  When she is hungry it sucks in and kind of jumps/shakes.   Since it is in your remnant stomach, it will always be like you are hungry, as the remnant stomach never gets food into it.   So it may just be the state of that, or be related to your binder.   I wouldn't be terribly concerned about the throbbing, unless it is uncomfortable or painful.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views