Freaking out

bboswell0203
on 10/8/13 7:45 pm
I am almost 5 months out. I have lost about 90 lbs. I fluctuate a couple pounds a day sometimes. I lost most of my weight in the first 3 months. Over the last 2 months I have only lost about 10 lbs or so. I'm really worried. I still have 40 lbs til I reach my goal weight but I feel like I'm not losing in the manner in which I should.
Ingrid K.
on 10/8/13 9:15 pm - Canada
Don't panic!!! I am in the same boat. I think it is pretty normal. If you are following your recommended plan and doing all the things you are supposed to then the weight will come off. Your body will loose the weight when it is ready to. Everyone is different and there isn't really a normal weight loss schedule. You can try increasing exercise, and water, but if you are already doing those things we should be doing then there isn't much you can do. Relax and trust that if you put in the effort you will get the results. All the best to you
poet_kelly
on 10/8/13 9:49 pm - OH

Wow, you are losing at an incredibly fast pace!  It takes most people about six months to lose half their excess weight but you've lost more than 2/3 of it in less than five months?!  That's amazing!  And you feel you're not losing fast enough?  How fast did you think you'd lose it?  Did you expect to reach your goal weight in just five months?  I don't know of anyone that ever reached their goal that fast.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

bboswell0203
on 10/9/13 7:38 am
No. I didn't expect to reach my goal weight in 5 months. I just lost so fast in the very beginning now I feel like I'm hardly losing. I can eat alot more now than I. Could before. I am terrified I've stretched my pouch or stoma out and that's why I'm not losing.
Sarah R.
on 10/9/13 1:53 am

took me over 2 years to lose just 100 lbs..still very slowly losing. Not quite sure what manner of losing is...everyone is different....you are 5 months out and have 40 lbs to go....so its likely youll reach goal before a year is reached..possible anyway depending on how realistic your goal is.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 60 replies · 403 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 60 replies · 257 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 511 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 582 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 305 views
Recent Topics