Tendinitis

Kmc1204
on 10/21/13 5:15 am - NY
RNY on 07/01/13

The past couple of months I have been suffering from severe bouts of tendinitis in both feet. It seems to flare up every other week or so. Would my diet post RNY have contributed to this at all? And does anyone know of any home remedies to relieve the pain? Tylenol does nothing to take the pain or swelling away.

PetHairMagnet
on 10/21/13 6:33 am
RNY on 05/13/13
Are you sure it is tendinitis or could it be plantar fasciitis?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

chulbert
on 10/21/13 6:37 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

I ended up with tendinitis and plantar fasciitis in both feet and ankles.  The podiatrist said it was likely a combination of factors ranging from an increase in activity to the mechanical changes throughout the foot as a result of weight loss.

It was excruciating.  Like "lay in bed whimpering" painful.

My primary doctor wrote me a script for narcotics to get me through the worst of the flare-ups.  Took about 3 months to go away completely.

Katie K.
on 10/21/13 7:08 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
I would see an orthopedist about getting shots in the affected area. I thought I had tendinitis in my wrist. My pcp sent me to an orthopedist to get shots. Fortunately he wanted an MRI, which showed bone death (Kienbock's disease), but if it had been normal he would have given me a shot.

jamienichols22
on 10/22/13 4:55 am - MI

Oh I am so experiencing the same thing in my left foot. I was taken Meloxicam for the flare ups but can't take that anymore and the Tramadol that I was given does nothing. I am just hoping this gets better soon because it's all I can do to step at times. I still make myself go through my workout and my everyday life but it is really hard and mighty painful.

Jamie Nichols

HW:321    CW:263   GW:125 

I am a tiger who is earning her stripes!! 

ebonymc
on 10/26/13 11:46 pm

For the past 5 days I have been having this pain in the mornings, especially in the right foot.  I haven't had RNY yet, but now I'm wondering if it would make it worse. You may want to try putting a banana peel (s) in some alcohol,and rub with it in a couple of days after it has set.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 485 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 409 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 399 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 170 views
Recent Topics