NSV! Got to go to six flags!! PICS :)

AmberF
on 10/29/13 3:15 pm - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 12/12/12

So this last Friday I got to go to Six Flags with my girlfriends. I always loved Six Flags as a kid. Me, my dad, and my younger sister would get season passes and go every sunday of the summer until I was 13. The last time I went I was 13 and could barely fit the rides. Im talking about the workers basically sitting on the bars to make it close on me. I was so mortified I never went back. Plus I had continued to gain weight from the age 13 and on. It was hard for me being a teenager and young adult and all of my friends being able to go and not me. One of the first things one of my best friends Elizabeth said was that I would be able to go to six flags after i Iost some of my weight. I got my bypass December 12th so I am almost a year out. We planned to go the last weekend in october that they  had fright fest and it was this past friday. My heightest weight I was 372 and day of surgery 368. Today I am 240. That being said I was still so terrified Friday that I woudnt fit I almost backed out 100 times, but I finally decided I would go. While waiting in line I felt so nervous and anxious about not fitting that I wanted to cry and had to have my girlfriend continuely tell me I would fit. Meani whileI am looking at everybody who got off the rollar coasters to see if any were my size. However Im still struggling seeing a difference in my self size wise so I couldnt tell. Finally it was time to get on and I did. I fit with no problem at alll!!!! I was so excited to fit I forgot to be scared that I was about to ride a giant roller coaster. It happend super fast and when it finally stopped I just started crying and so did my best friend Elizabeth. People probably thought I we were nuts but we didnt care. It was so amazing and we rode rides all night! I cant wait to get a seasons pass and go all summer. Attached are some pics before, while waiting in line, and on the rollar coaster :) In one I look terrifed because I couldnt finally stop worrying about fitting and just be scared of the ride lol

E R.
on 10/29/13 4:10 pm - Switzerland

Wow! What an amazing experience! You look fantastic!

RNY:  4 June 2013

karenp8
on 10/29/13 11:06 pm - Brighton, IL

Congrats! It maKes it all worthwhile,doesn't it!?

Dee.spunk
on 10/30/13 12:39 am - Sacramento, CA
It's an awesome feeling! Way to go!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

dessalves
on 10/30/13 2:34 am

That is so awesome!!! I am planning a trip to Disney World next April and I really hope I lose more weight so I won't be afraid of not fitting...it is terrible but I am so glad to know that you had no problems!! Congratulations!!!

josh_h2
on 10/30/13 2:43 am

Wow - Congratulations..  I'm just starting down this road myself, (got approval for my surgery last week from my GP, now waiting for the referrals to go through)..

I've had a similar situation where I was either kicked off a ride at an amusement park because they couldn't get the system to close properly, or that they had to really "heave" on it to get the safety light to go on.. Really embarassing, and dangerous because once it was on, I could hardly breathe...

Good job, and keep it up :)

Josh

curvywriter
on 10/30/13 6:46 am - CA
RNY on 05/13/13

Congrats!

VintageChick
on 10/30/13 10:04 am
That's fabulous!!! Isn't it amazing how much life weight-loss brings back to us?!! Congratulations.

lap RNY 5-15-13

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 443 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?