sooo tired

tracy71
on 11/1/13 1:12 am

I am only 9 days out have had no complications so far but I am so tired I cant even do daily house work tasks without gettting tired and I use to be able to go up and down the stairs no problem now when i do it i come up and i have to sit this is very frustrating and I am suppose to go back to work on the 19th! Will this go away?

cajungirl
on 11/1/13 1:28 am

Yes it'll go away.  Your body has been through a major surgery and changes.  Rest when you can.  If I remember correctly around week 6 I felt much more energy. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/13 2:55 am

It will go away that is what they tell me.

KellyC210
on 11/1/13 4:08 am - SC

I asked my doc about this at my two week follow up this past Wednesday. He said our bodies have been traumatized by surgery, and we are getting so few calories, that our bodies want to shut down and not burn the few calories we are taking in. That is a good part of why we are so tired to begin with. He did tell me it would get better.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

TurnThePage
on 11/1/13 8:20 am

Fatigue is normal, but you sound extra tired. A call to your doctor's office would be a good idea, just to check. 

Be sure you are getting adequate hydration and protein--work towards 64 oz of fluids and 60g of protein per day.  Dehydration can really take a toll on you and land you in the emergency room, so keep sipping!  Take good care of yourself.