Food Police

netnay
on 11/14/13 12:24 am
RNY on 03/27/13
I am so sick of people nit picking at me about what I can and can't eat or drink. I do good at sticking to what I am suppose to eat but I am not going to deny myself of a treat every once and a while. I know what I can and can't tolerate. Yes I have messed up. I don't eat the cakes and candies like I used to. I don't get the cream cheese, melt it in the microwave, mix it with sugar and eat it like I used to. BUT I don' need people being the food police CONSTANTLY with me!! All it does is make me stress out. And I know that their intentions may be good, but I wish they would back off. End of vent!!

'View

poet_kelly
on 11/14/13 12:26 am - OH

This may sound obvious, but have you told them you don't need their help and want them to stop it?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

netnay
on 11/14/13 12:42 am
RNY on 03/27/13
I have but they seem to not get what I am saying.

'View

netnay
on 11/14/13 12:43 am
RNY on 03/27/13
Also when I do tell them that I have it then they get offended.

'View

Ocalasam
on 11/14/13 12:40 am
RNY on 12/18/12

Kelly, you crack me up!  I would let people know that you have a handle on it, but thanks for their input.  You can take it from here.  Likely, they are just concerned and want you to be successful.  I think all of us has experienced this at some point.

Lisa87
on 11/14/13 12:52 am
RNY on 12/13/13

Just reply by saying," Thanks for letting me know".

I use that for a lot of situations. It tends to diffuse me and pacify them.

Cheryl N.
on 11/14/13 12:55 am, edited 11/14/13 12:55 am - Des Moines, WA

Just tell them to mind their own business and that you do not police their food. 

Or

Just ignore them.

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/14/13 1:07 am

I am 5 years out.... I get treats , I do mess up.   And some days when I do I have to pay for it... so does my BF..  He and couple of my friends - are the only one with permission to tell me to watch out - beacuse if I get sick - they will be influence by that... Other than that - people need to mind their own business.. 

I had a coworker that decide she is going to "monitor me". "she meant well"  ... So I started to monitor her eating.... "that will make you fat", "you know what chemicals are in there?" and so on.. after one week - she asked me to stop... I told her that since she cares so much about me ... I am trying to show her that I care about her... a the end we agreed not to comment on each other food...  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Dee.spunk
on 11/14/13 4:26 am - Sacramento, CA
I love this! Totally gonna use it!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

dessalves
on 11/15/13 1:49 am

Best reply EVER!! Totally gonna use that one from now on

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 467 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views