Food Police

fionax
on 11/14/13 1:10 am - VA

This is one reason that none of my friends know about my surgery, as i don't want the scrutiny. You know what you should be eating, and you'd be a fool to go through a major operation and then eat the wrong stuff so if they are sticking their noses into your business politely tell them where to redirect their noses ;-)

LittleMiss2013
on 11/14/13 1:32 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

Damn why did I never think of that cream cheese/sugar thing before surgery! lol

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

pathchic
on 11/14/13 1:40 am - FL
RNY on 08/07/13

Lol

laura343
on 11/14/13 1:54 am

LMBO...  

KimKinVA
on 11/14/13 3:37 am
RNY on 11/13/12 with

Can I just tell you that was my FIRST thought when reading this post??!!  LOL

netnay
on 11/14/13 11:46 am
RNY on 03/27/13
It was amazing tasting. Like cheese cake without the crust!! LOL

'View

netnay
on 11/14/13 11:47 am
RNY on 03/27/13
It was amazing tasting. Like cheesecake without the crust

'View

MyLady Heidi
on 11/14/13 1:37 am

It keeps you accountable.  Do you want to fail and be fat again.  I don't.  I either don't eat at all in front or people, therefore no scrutiny or I eat properly because I know people expect that I will screw up.  Which is a great motivator to me, to prove the world wrong. And if I do screw up and try to eat things I shouldn't my bf says oh the fat girl is digging in the Halloween candy again.  Yeah that straightens me up and makes me fly right.  He is joking of course, but the message it received loud and clear to my brain.

cajungirl
on 11/14/13 2:44 am

Fuck that.  I'm accountable to myself and I'm an adult I wouldn't put up with anyone telling me I'm the fat girl I don't care WTF they are.

Maybe someone telling you that works but it's ridiculous.  I know I took enough of that **** when I was young and yeah I know family meant well but repeatedly telling me (and I feel many of us) we were beautiful (had a beautiful face) or whatever their term of endearment was "if" we could only lose weight sucked.  NO ONE should have to be told that, NO ONE.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/14/13 2:55 am - OH

No matter how good intentioned people may be (and most food police don't have completely pure motives), being badgered by people about what you are eating almost never results in someone making healthier choices and losing weight.   I would expect that nearly all people who had WLS have had -- somewhere along the line -- people who attempted to point out when they were about to eat something really unhealthy... Yet that didn't change anything (and usually does the opposite of what was hoped for); We still become MO or SMO and needed surgery.

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 293 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 439 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 436 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 332 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?