Am I Stalling or Something Worse?

Kmc1204
on 11/13/13 3:02 pm - NY
RNY on 07/01/13

I've seen many posts on stalls but haven't experienced one myself until now.... I think. The scale isn't stuck on just one number but has been fluctuating up and down 4 lbs over the last couple of weeks. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I am 4 1/2 months post-op. Is this even a stall?

Sarahakers11
on 11/13/13 7:53 pm - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

I have had this but once I started looking form week to week it was dropping just a little slower..then it picked up again.  For me it seems to happen when I hit a weight I was at for a while on the way up. 

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

Needanewbeginning
on 11/13/13 9:13 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Yes, I have been loosing and gaining the same 3-4 lbs all month, driving me nuts. I have already slowed down in my weight loss but this loosing and gaining is very upsetting. 

Annette cool

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

AnchorsAweigh
on 11/13/13 9:27 pm

One time I read on here that it's not a stall unless it's at least three weeks. I don't know if that's true or not, but either way, at 4 1/2 months out I believe this will pass and you will start losing again. Personally, I think we lose so quickly that every now and then the body just needs to catch up. Good luck!

RNY on 10/21/13

In your subject line you ask if you are stalling "or worse"... What does that mean? Are you afraid you are done losing weight at 4 1/2 months? My guess would be if no, that just isn't logical if you equate calories in versus calories out. I can understand why you would be worried or concerned, I might be the same when it happens to me, but if you think about it logically the chances of you being done with losing are very unlikely. Weight loss does not occur in a perfect downward trend so if you keep that in mind it helps when you hit these rough patches (at least it my vast experience of dieting over the years). 

bhans530
on 11/14/13 10:34 am

I am almost 6 months out and have been in the same3-4 lb loss, gain for the last 4 weeks.  I thought maybe I am done losing, as I am at the Dr. goal weight.

RNY 5/20/13 surg wt 233   5'9" HW 258 CW183

Most Active
Recent Topics