not enough protein

DiVathick2thin89
on 11/18/13 11:09 pm - NC

Where do you get premier from what store?

anje13
on 11/19/13 3:17 am

I get it from Costco :-)

PetHairMagnet
on 11/19/13 7:04 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On November 19, 2013 at 7:09 AM Pacific Time, DiVathick2thin89 wrote:

Where do you get premier from what store?

You can also get it at Sam's and BJs. My husband prefers the ones from BJs because they have a resealable top vs. when we bought from Costco, they did not. Perhaps the packaging has since changed...but loves that he can add some to his coffee as both creamer and protein to get another 30 grams in over the course of the day in addition to his regular protein. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Nickeliz
on 11/19/13 7:10 am - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 06/18/13

I do the same thing. I like drinking the premier protein chocolate straight but my husband brought home vanilla by mistake. Now, I add it to my coffee in the morning and it's a great way for me to get 30g in first thing in the morning without really trying. I also really like the resealable top because it takes me 2-4 cups of decaf to get it all in.

Sarahakers11
on 11/18/13 8:21 pm - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

I use the pre-made premier protein from Costco. Its ready made.  I do the chocolate. Its not to sweet and not over powering. about 25.00 for 18.   Really it has little flavor at all so I don't have an issue drinking them.  I am also 5 months.  My Nut and Surgeon want us to use 2 protein shakes a day as long as we are still trying to lose.  I know many people say their surgeons want them getting protein from food as soon as possible. Mine is a little different on that I guess.  I don't think I could get all the protein in without shakes.  I work out really heavy so they have me doing 3 shakes some days, if the works outs are particularly long or hard.  For example yesterday I ran 3 miles at lunch then did an hour of kickboxing and sparring last night.  So I had a 3 shake day! 

What does your surgeon/nut recommend for helping you to get it all in!  Good luck! Hope you find something that works for you!

Sarah

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

Ocalasam
on 11/18/13 9:46 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

I really like the Premier chocolate protein shakes from Sam's Club/Costco.  They taste a lot like chocolate milk.  My store has them in snack size and regular.  The regular is 30g of protein and the snack size is 18g of protein.  They both cost about $18 for a box of 18.  Best RTD I've had.  There's no way I could get in enough protein without one shake a day - and I'm 11 months out.

chulbert
on 11/18/13 10:23 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

How much protein are you trying to consume each day?  I know everyone is different but it was trivial to meet my protein requirements without supplements within a couple months post-op.

Katie B.
on 11/19/13 4:25 am
60-70 grams
MeanStreak88
on 11/18/13 10:33 pm - Opelika, AL

of all the protein shakes I have tried over the years, I like the Lean Shakes from GNC best. I dont have one in front of me right now, but I think its something like 27-30g of protein. I prefer the chocolate flavor. You should give one a try...

PetHairMagnet
on 11/19/13 2:53 am
RNY on 05/13/13

How about Quest bars? I keep them in my handbag and car console so there is always one to easily grab on the go. I also carry pre-measured shake mixes with me that I can put in a cup of coffee, unsweetened tea or even water while out and about. PM me if you'd like my recipe list. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views