Time to jump-start

JennLyric
on 11/24/13 9:17 pm

Hi All:  Can anyone recommend an actual meal plan that jump-starts weight loss after a huge stall?  I'm 17 months out and it's been 4 months since I've lost weight.  I've increased my protein intake, increased my exercise, I've been drinking more water, journaling...not PERFECTLY every day, but nobody is perfect.  Is there an actual menu/food plan in writing that I can look at every day and follow?  One that is written for RNY jump-starts? :)  Hoping to get some advice here before having to pay for a visit to surgeon/nutritionist that isn't a regular follow-up.  Sitting at a 94 pound loss is great and I'm grateful, but I'm not done.  I need 40 more to go away!!!  Oh...I also deal with chronic severe pain and I've been walking 2 miles every other day, so I'm trying here!

Thanks and hope you guys are well. 

LadyLilMax
on 11/25/13 12:38 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

Hi Jenn,

I read all the time that if we just keep following the plan that it will work.  My body has settled on 125 and I have been here for like 3 months now.  I think maybe this is where my body is comfortable but who knows.

Anyway, in case you have not been here in a while, look up at the blue bar and there is a little magnifying glass.  That is the search function and you could try that and see what you come up with.  

Good luck and let us know how you are doing!

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

JennLyric
on 11/25/13 12:58 am

Thank you.  I'll do a search now :)

Dee.spunk
on 11/25/13 12:51 am - Sacramento, CA
If you pm me I can email you my plan... I can di it here, cause I don't know how to attach it.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/25/13 1:13 am - OH

You best bet is not going to be a special diet... It is going to be making sure that you are using your new, healthy eating habits in the best way possible.  Many people start allowing too many carbs and/or let portion sizes creep up.  My suggestion would be to go back to basics: protein forward meals, and protein before anything else at each meal, NO refined ("white") carbs -- carbs from dairy, beans, veggies, and limited fruits and WHOLE grains -- and lots of water (but never with, or right after, meals.  Also, be sure that the portion sizes you are logging are accurate.

A special "jump start" diet is just that... A diet.  It will send you right back into the old dieting mentality, and as every single one of us knows, diets do NOT work long term.  What DOES work long term is following a protein forward, limited carb eating plan, and going back to basics will reinforce that.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Ladytazz
on 11/25/13 3:30 am

It's hard to know why you are stalled without knowing what you are eating.  If you are tracking your food you should be seeing some kind of pattern.  My best advice is forget any "diet".  Avoid white carbs like sugar and things with wheat (I am gluten free), keep all your carbs low.  I kept them under 100 but some people need to keep them even lower, like under 50.  My mantra was 100 oz of fluids and 100 grams of protein a day.  If you aim for that you won't have room for much else.

Good luck and keep us posted.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views