Baked Cod

scoobyluvr1
on 12/3/13 7:02 am
RNY on 10/21/13
I love seafood like shrimp, scallops, clams, crab, and lobster but really only liked whitefish and only if it was fried. I did like crab delights and thought those would be as good as fish...wrong not as much protein and 14 grams of carbs. Who knew...those sneaky *******s. So anywho I decided to try some baked cod last night and enjoyed it so much I made some tonight. I'm really happy about this because its sooo good for me and delish! I am loving baby carrots too. Who am I? Lol

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

kbinaz
on 12/3/13 8:41 am

I had halibut last night and it was awesome!  (also not fried for the first time!) I am also loving carrots!  Funny how we change!

daisy142
on 12/3/13 9:32 am - TX

Ooohh - sounds good!!!  I just got the go ahead to start introducing veggies!!!  I can't wait to have carrots again!!  I love them!!!    I also love tilapia and salmon.  Tilapia is a wonderful white fish that is very mild.

HW = 370

SW = 322

GW = 180

Lap RNY by Dr. Dana Reiss

scoobyluvr1
on 12/3/13 9:54 am
RNY on 10/21/13
Thank you I will add Tilapia to the the list to try!

~Ronda~  

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/3/13 10:37 am

I top the fish with salsa and bake like that - it really makes the fish really soft and tasty - bu****ch for the spice and acid.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Mo Diggity
on 12/3/13 11:34 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

I've never tried cod !! What kind of taste would you compare it to ? I've only eaten flounder, tilapia & salmon as far as fish goes

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

scoobyluvr1
on 12/4/13 10:18 pm
RNY on 10/21/13

I've never eaten Tilapia or Salmon,  but I have had flounder I would say the flavor is similar but cod is for lack of a better word meatier  lol

~Ronda~  

Tammy G.
on 12/4/13 3:49 am
RNY on 06/16/11 with
I eat fish frequently. I don't bake mine--I microwave the fillets. You'd think they'd be rubbery, but they are not. Salmon, cod, tilapia are all delicious microwaved for 5 minutes on high and sit for 2 minutes. You have to have a little liquid--I use a bottled lemon marinade sauce--just a couple of spoonfuls, but I've also used plain lemon juice and water.

As a matter of fact I just had a beautiful lunch of microwaved salmon topped with an avocado and tomato chunky salsa that I made. Yummy, filling, and healthy.

Distal RNY 6/11 SW 456  CW 311 Complications: Small bowel strangulation 12/23/2012, non healing surgical incision--ongoing.  Still.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/4/13 1:12 pm - OH

I love shrimp and crab, but am not a big fan of regular fish other than cod and tuna.  If it is cooked right, i can also eat salmon or sea bass (but only certain preparations of them). Even other types of whitefish that are supposed to be mild (e.g. tilapia) are too "fishy" for me.  I even eat the fried cod filets at Frisch's Big Boy (I remove as much of the light breading as I can) just to increase the amount of fish I eat because it is so limited.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics