LIFE HAPPENED (x post)

pamkb
on 12/4/13 1:56 am - Crestview, FL
I used to be very active here on the forum but I got over confident, stepped away from a valuable support tool and WHAM, Life Happened!

Injury and then grief put me back on the sidelines I swore I would never sit on again. 13 months later, I am battling a 20 pound weight gain and a sedentary lifestyle. So I beat myself up for a little while and then decided to celebrate that this time I put the brakes on this destructive train ride at 20 pounds rather than the 125 overweight I allowed myself before RNY November 2010. I went back and read my journals to remind myself of what was in my 'toolbox' when I was at the top of my game. So here I am again.

Have started a beginner's runner program with plans to be running 5k's by the spring. I am going back to the basics: quality protein first, limited (if any) processed carbs and LOTS of water.

To those who are post-op - and still rocking this a few years out, I say THANK YOU for being motivators and role models!

To those who are post-op and struggling, I remind us to remember all our 'tool's and use them. We got this!

To those who are pre-op or newly post-op, I urge to remember and follow the rules. This is a lifetime commitment. Most everyone has amazing success the first year but it is at years 2 and 3 that the work starts to stay the course for a lifetime of health.

Cheers!

I am creating my own revolution and PAMdemonium reigns!

RNY 11/16/2010

SW 270, CW 155, GW 135

1st 5k time 40:34 (Dec 2013)

cajungirl
on 12/4/13 2:02 am

Welcome back, Pam.  Kudos to you for stopping this NOW instead of sticking your head in the sand and denying you have gotten somewhat off plan.  It's much easier to reverse the trend at this point then 30-40-50 lbs more. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

pathchic
on 12/4/13 2:28 am - FL
RNY on 08/07/13

Good for you!   

illinois Gama D.
on 12/4/13 2:47 am

welcome home:) you got this!!!

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

MyLady Heidi
on 12/4/13 5:58 am

Good Luck!  This is why I try to read this site daily, if possible, I never want to get too far ahead of myself.  Regain happens when you stop paying attention, its hard to not pay attention when it is right there in your face every day.  That's why I never hid the fact I had surgery, and that is why I always keep myself grounded in the reality of where I came from.

QoftheU
on 12/4/13 2:18 pm - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13
Very inspiring that you're not throwing in the towel - you can do this! As those of us who've been there (and face it, who hasn't?), losing twenty pounds is something you've done before and you can do it again! Go You!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views