Update (dehyrdation)

tbearluv
on 12/15/13 10:41 pm
RNY on 11/20/13

Hi, thank you to everyone that answered my previous post.  I will have to go back and read them and will try to comment to each person that responded. I began feeling really weak after posting it and had not log back on for a little while. Got through the week but called my dr on Friday and just said I'm about to pass out. They said go to ER and was in the hospital for three days with severe dehydration and low kidney function. I'm home now and feeling much better.

Bibo
on 12/15/13 11:19 pm

Glad to hear....I live on the edge of dehydration over here....challenges to do sometimes....glad you go the support, and are feeling better

Stacy Sikes
on 12/16/13 6:01 am - OR
Glad you are doing better, I try very hard to get the amount of liquid I need. It is scary to think how easy it is for us to now get dehydrated. Hang in here.

RNY on 12/2/13 with Emma Patterson,    Highest  Weight: 352 ; . Surgery Day: 334

scoobyluvr1
on 12/16/13 8:22 am
RNY on 10/21/13

Sorry that happened to you but glad you are on the mend.  Make sure your getting those fluids  in!

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

Katie K.
on 12/16/13 9:47 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13

I have to get at least 100 oz per day. That's difficult for me to do when I'm not at work because it's not as structured. 

tbearluv
on 12/16/13 12:16 pm
RNY on 11/20/13

I just bought a water jug that holds 70+ oz of water and that will be my goal every day to come home with it empty from work every day and also be sure to drink it over the weekend. 

PetHairMagnet
on 12/16/13 10:26 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

I am very glad that you are back on the mend. Have you come up with a plan of how you will avoid being dehydrated in the future? I have alarms on my phone to make sure I have had enough liquid and if I have finished one glass (which is 24 oz) before the alarm, I will just turn it off. But if I have not, I finish that and then go fill it up again and wait for the next alarm. I have never had any issue with hydration and do believe that having the prompt from my phone has been helpful. I also keep a large Tervis Tumber with a few ice cubes and Mio flavored water with a straw beside. If I wake in the night, I will sip on it until I can sip no longer and go right back to sleep. I often get the full 24 oz in during the night. I do not count it in my daily totals since I don't know what was in day 1 and what was in day 2, but I know it helps my body remain hydrated and that is what counts.

Be good to yourself!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 391 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 408 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.