kidney stones :(

bsouder2210
on 12/26/13 3:05 am
I have kidney stones. I was diagnosed on monday. I was given hydros for pain and flomax for the stones. The pain wasn't bad until last night when I felt like my stomach was run over. It's like being in labor. Today I can't keep anything down. When should I worry and go to the ER? Right now it is pain and vomiting. I can't keep anything down.
Denise2200
on 12/26/13 3:31 am

I haven't had my surgery yet, but I did deal with kidney stones this year.  It was horrible!  Not sure how to tell you the difference between the pain that will subside and the pain that won't. It may be different for everyone. I just know there was a difference, and I could tell it for myself.  When I took pain meds with no relief was when I knew I needed to go to the hospital.  The last time I had one lodged in my ureter, and I went to the ER, once I got to the hospital, they had to give me 3 doses of the pain meds before I felt any relief at all. 

bsouder2210
on 12/26/13 3:48 am
To be honest I didn't have an awful labor. It was long and painful but not as bad as I thought. This is a lot like that. The pain hurts but not as bad as it could
QoftheU
on 12/26/13 4:22 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13
My son has had kidney stones twice - the ONLY thing that helped him manage the pain was liquid dilaudid in the hospital, and dilaudid pill on the outside - it SUCKS. I am so so sorry this has happened to you - it's such a helpless feeling! All you can do is wait for the beast to pass! Hang tight! TONS of water - TONS AND TONS AND TONS!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

SteveWebb
on 12/26/13 5:52 am - NC

I would not wait long, don't get dehydrated.  Hope you feel better soon.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

bsouder2210
on 12/26/13 6:41 am

thanks guys! I took a good nap and I feel a bit better. the problem is I couldnt keep water down. I have not tried since I woke up so we will see how that goes. thanks again!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/26/13 7:44 am - OH

I have had several rounds of kidney stones since my RNY.  (We are more prone to kidney stones after RNY for several reasons.)  I would call the doctor who diagnosed your stones and prescribed the other medications and ask him/her to call in something for nausea (they may prescribe a suppository).  You won't get dehydrated in just one or two days, but if the pain is so severe that you cannot stand it or if you continue to not be able to keep anything down, then, yes, I would go to the ER.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics