Meltables

lilbear412
on 1/1/14 3:10 am - MN

I am currently taking the Vitamin B12 by shot once a month 1000/ug.  I was thinking about taking the meltables which are new.  Also, they taste good.  They are 1500 mcg.  The ASMBS suggests taking 350 - 500 mcg a day so every 3 days you would have to take a 1500 Vitamin B12 meltable.  Is anyone using these and if so in your opinion how are they working for you?    Also, i do my B12 shot in my thigh.  Every month in a different thigh.  Where else do you all give yourself the shots at?  thanks for the answers..

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

QoftheU
on 1/1/14 3:47 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13
I'm a weenie - I get mine done at a shot clinic at my doctors office. Once per month on either upper arm. Not heard of the meltables... do you have more info on them?
Thanks!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

lilbear412
on 1/1/14 3:52 am - MN

They are called Nature Made VitaMelts.  I think i started doing the shots because i was already tired of taking so many dang pills but it just seems like it would be easier for me to take the pills.  Mind you, giving myself a shot in the thigh does NOT hurt a bit but i have heard that they don't actually get you through the month.  Maybe i will just get some of those Melts for the end of the month when i seem to be dragging.

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

poet_kelly
on 1/1/14 4:21 am - OH

are they sublinguals?  You put them under your tongue?

If you just melt them in your mouth, but they aren't made to go under the tongue, you won't absorb enough B12 from them.

I do my B12 shots in my belly.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

angeleigh
on 1/1/14 4:27 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

angeleigh
on 1/1/14 4:22 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

"Meltables" are new for that brand but Sublingual arent new, which you put under our tongue and it melts. I personally buy mine from walmart, in 2500 mcg for about 4.88  for 60 of them. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Spring-Valley-Sublingual-B12-Micro lozenges-2500mcg-60-count/12167374

PetHairMagnet
on 1/1/14 11:25 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I buy the sublingual cherry flavored from Costco. I can buy an entire year supply for my husband and I for about 20$

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

TattooMammaRN
on 1/1/14 4:15 pm

I use b-12 melt aways.  One under my tongue every other day.  I get them from my doctor's office.  The brand is Celebrate.  They taste great and dissolve very quickly.

angeleigh
on 1/2/14 12:22 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Just an FYI your paying a lot more for that Celebrate B12 then you would if you just bought them from walmart.  The Celebrate ones run about 15.00 for 90 doses. The only ones I have even seen by them are 1000 MCG. You can get the Spring Valley brand, same cherry flavor for under 5.00 Plus you can get a higher dose.

TattooMammaRN
on 1/2/14 6:41 pm

Thanks for that info.  I am heading to walmart tomorrow.  I will add them to my list.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 299 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 299 views