St Vincents

browneyes65
on 1/1/14 10:58 am - IN

Has anyone just had surgery yet ? I just want to know what to expect. How long did you stay ?  I'm having RNY on the 8th. What do I need to bring for my stay at hospital. Thanks

meeshelle
on 1/1/14 11:22 am
RNY on 03/04/13

i am 10 months out had surgery on monday and was home thursday. I had a minor issue totally unrelated to the surgery that kept me in 1 extra day otherwise i would of gone home wed. I took my ipad,phone,robe, comfortable change of clothes,chaptstick my husband bought me a pillow for the car ride homewhich helped as i had a long 45 min drive . Good luck to you on your journey.

Visit my blog as I travel this new developing road. :)

http://iveweightedalongtimeforthis.blogspot.com/

rvtisme
on 1/1/14 11:34 am
RNY on 12/16/13

Had surgery the 16 of December, A.M. Went home next evening. I went home in same clothes I went in with, Just took slippers to walk around in.

HW: 355, SW 314.2, GW: 165 - Surgery Date 12/16/13

dawnpsmith
on 1/1/14 11:39 am

Mine is on the 8th too...one more week.  Liquid diet isn't too bad.

browneyes65
on 1/5/14 5:28 am - IN

What Dr do you have ? i did not have a liquid diet, I was just told not to gain weight try to maintain.

dawnpsmith
on 1/5/14 11:03 am

I have Dr. Weaver in Michigan.  Haven't eaten since Christmas Day - that is crazy.  Only hungry day 1 and TODAY!!  Starting tomorrow, clear liquids only until surgery.  Lost 13 pounds on the liquid diet so far - after being so hungry today am thinking it will be 15 tomorrow.   Never been much of a group support person, but have been reading OH for a month.  Glad to make your acquaintence! Where is your surgery?

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/14 11:59 am - Fredonia, WI

I am 4 weeks post op. I only brought my iPad and cell phone and of course something comfortable to wear home and a pillow for the ride home. I had surgery on the 3rd and I was home on the 4th. I was up walking the same day of surgery and I was a little uncomfortable, however I also had a hernia repair. Lots of luck to you!!

Cunning_Pam
on 1/1/14 2:18 pm
RNY on 12/18/13
My surgery was on Dec. 18th, and I went home on Dec. 22nd. I had a small ileus (a bit of the bowel does not 'wake up'after the surgery) and had to stay until that resolved. I just brought the one set of clothes I wore in, my phone and charger, my Kindle, a warm robe and my journal and a pen. I can't honestly say there was anything else I should have brought.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Most Active
Recent Topics