clothes

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/5/14 9:59 am - OH

I'm six years out, and even now I sometimes look at my jeans when they come out of the dryer and think "OMG, they shrunk!" or look at them as I start to step into them and think there's no way in hell that they're going to fit.  They always do, of course, but I think it is amusing that sometimes my brain still doesn't get it.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Dcgirl
on 1/5/14 10:18 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I'm only 3 weeks post op but I lost 40 lbs between the pre-op liquid diet and now the post-op lifestyle. My VP at work (who knows about the surgery) accused me the other day of "dressing sassier" (with a smile on her face). I said "it's just that these are clothes that haven't for in a while" ;) I will be starting a donation pile soon but definitely have enough clothes in a size or two below my current size to get by for a while :)

PetHairMagnet
on 1/5/14 11:52 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I was very excited to get rid of things that were too large! I held onto a few pieces that were very special to me (wore them to my 20th anniversary dinner or my last trip to Australia or something like that) but otherwise, gave them away by the bagfull!!!  I keep giving things away as I get smaller and smaller and love to release it from my closets and drawers!!!

I will never, ever fit in those clothes again, so they need to GOOOOOO! Remind yourself that....you don't need them, so be rid of them and help someone else!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

basilmk
on 1/5/14 2:21 pm - FL
RNY on 01/07/14

My surgery is Tuesday and I already have two bags filled...I can't wait to get rid of them!

Ashley in Belgium
on 1/5/14 4:36 pm - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

IT can be hard to let go of that security - but definitely do it!  I have gotten rid of bags and bags of clothes - I use dark trash bags that way I can't see what's in there once it's inside.  And then I don't hesitate - off to the donation center they go!  It is so liberating to be free of them.  I am even getting rid of the "new" clothes I bought when I lost the first 60lbs or so.  This is an even wierder feeling as I know I won't need my 22W sized clothes anymore.  But the 14's?  That one I am finding harder to part with cause as others have said when I pull out the size 10's I am thinking NO WAY!  It's all in our heads 

Let yourself enjoy the fantastic feeling of letting go.  Congrats on your success so far!

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

(deactivated member)
on 1/5/14 8:02 pm

I will say I did save some of my favorite dresses that can be altered. They are my favorites.Just cotton dresses nothing fancy.

Most Active
Recent Topics