1st post op appointment

Lisa87
on 1/6/14 10:30 pm
RNY on 12/13/13

I live in Indiana and most counties are still under a state of emergency, or stay off the road warnings. It is so cold here -12~ may warm up to 0 degrees today! My 1st post op appointment was scheduled for tomorrow. I decided to cancel it and reschedule. I live 2 hours away from my center. I called and it was no problem.    ( So glad ! ) Got a new appointment and am good to go! Gives me more time to lose a little more weight before I see the surgeon and dietician! Here's to some warmer weather!

Lisa87 

5'4"

queenbmamafranks
on 1/6/14 11:10 pm
RNY on 12/19/13

When is your appointment? Mine is the 15th. Can't wait! I live an hour from the center.

Lisa87
on 1/7/14 12:13 am
RNY on 12/13/13

17th, I am hoping the weather and roads are much better!!!!! I am excited too!

rvtisme
on 1/7/14 12:57 am
RNY on 12/16/13

I live in Southern California, and my morning is kinda chilly! OMG I can not even imagine what 0 degree weather feels like, much less -12 degrees!!  Hope you warm up soon.

My 1st post-op is the 10th. I have NO idea what to expect at this appointment. I think I need to start writing a list of questions. Good luck on your appointment.

HW: 355, SW 314.2, GW: 165 - Surgery Date 12/16/13

Lisa87
on 1/7/14 1:31 am
RNY on 12/13/13

I would love to be in So Cal right now!!!!!! It has been a test of sanity to say the least here! LOL!

I am hoping this app is just about a basic check up and advancing on to the next food stage! 

Dcgirl
on 1/7/14 2:06 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

For my first post-opp, I had a big list of questions lol.

Questions about calorie goals

I showed them my vitamin regimen to make sure I was doing it all right

I printed out my two week post opp daily diet report from MyFitnessPal and had them review it

I asked them to check my incisions and make sure all was well

I asked for a copy of my surgery report (good to have in case you ever go to another doc or that doc moves)

If I think of any of the others, I will let you know.  Good luck, all of you :)

Carrie Q.
on 1/7/14 6:40 am
RNY on 11/04/13

We just moved from sunny Florida back to Oklahoma on New Years Eve, just in time for this winter craziness!  I miss the sunshine and 80 degrees already!

I'm 8 weeks post op and at my first appointment I asked every question under the sun about physical things I was feeling, went over my liquid and protein intake, asked questions about medications or vitamins supplements, had all of my incisions checked, got some very helpful tips on how to use my G Tube to help me (I was really uncomfortable with it), etc.  I was having trouble with dehydration for the first two weeks which my doc was aware of so we went over all of those issues as well and made a get well plan.

I always took the approach of asking every question or clarifying what I was supposed to be doing and my doc and his team were amazing about it!  He is so great I decided to fly back to Orlando in March for my next check up so I can stay on this journey with him.

Congrats on making it through your first couple weeks...every day gets easier and you are doing awesome!

Carrie

moonandstarzz
on 1/7/14 1:59 pm - Decatur, AL
Revision on 12/18/13

My first Post Op was today... ITs freezing here too and I dont have a heater in my car so it was really bad...BUt at my post op today i have lost 17 lbs since surgery making a total of 27 lbs since Dec 1st. Good luck.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 431 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 364 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 364 views