So much pain!! please help!!!

bsouder2210
on 1/8/14 9:19 pm
I have a pain in my lower and mid back and my whole abdomen (under my chest to my groin area). Hydros and muscle relaxers don't even touch this pain. I have had a cat scan that shows no hernia, gull stones or kidney stones and a scope that shows no stricture or ulsers. What else can this be!!! I have been sent home with pain meds and muscle relaxers but like I said they don't even help. I am tired of going to the ER and getting tests just to be sent home with pain pills. It feels like massive constipation but I have been able to poop just fine. What other tests can I ask for? What else can it be?

bsouder2210
on 1/8/14 9:35 pm
Oh and I am 3 months post rny
H.A.L.A B.
on 1/8/14 10:17 pm

It can be gas and constipation even if you have BM every day.  I unfortunately dealt with that.  Sometimes there is too much back up stuff and there is a lot of pressure to move things along.  To limit gas (and pain)  I chose to eliminate some foods from my diet. That helped a lot. Some raw veggies, some foods can cause more gas and more pressure. 

Google FODMAP diet.... It was good starting point for me. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/8/14 11:56 pm, edited 1/8/14 11:56 pm - OH

Severe constipation would have shown up on the CT scan.

Unfortunately, they have already ruled out the usual issues. If the pain was more localized, I would suggest problems with adhesions (scar tissue), but that doesn't really fit the type of widespread pain you are describing.

What does your sirgeon say?I hope your physician or surgeon can figure it out.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Gizzys
on 1/9/14 12:11 am - Canada

At about 4 months I woke up with similar severe pain also.  I drove myself to the ER worried that I had a leak or an obstruction.  I had xrays done as well as ultrasounds and labwork.  They ruled out leaks, obstructions, stones, gallbladder flareups.  They sent me home with a handful of percocets.  They were a godsend for the pain, and every day that passed the pain got better until it was just a dull ache with tenderness.  After about a week I was good again.  It did scare me though and to this day I have no answers as to what it was.  Maybe take it easy with your eating.  During all this I went back to eating mushies and pretty tame food just to give my stomach a break.  It's good you went to the doctor though and definately keep being proactive about your own health.  This was just my experience and thankfully I have had no problems since.  I chalk it up to maybe being a little pacreatic attack or gastritis or something but no doctor ever confirmed it in my case.  Good luck!

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

SkinnyScientist
on 1/9/14 12:57 am

Wow thank you for this post.  This is a concerning side effect/problem.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

PhoenixGyrl
on 1/9/14 1:44 am - Glendale, AZ

It could be gas... Has that been ruled out? See if dr can prescribe Prilosec and rule that out!!

pathchic
on 1/9/14 2:33 am - FL
RNY on 08/07/13

Sounds like you have had an upper endoscopy, but have you also had a colonoscopy?  Might be worth considering, just in case this is entirely unrelated to the RNY...

Lee80
on 1/10/14 10:55 pm

I'm sure you have had bloodwork done in ED. Wondering if you could have UTI.  Pain in back and everywhere can happen if you get  a bladder infection.  Can easily happen. Did they check white count and do urine sample?

bsouder2210
on 1/10/14 11:15 pm
Thank you for all the responses. I had an ultrasound Thursday that showed no gallstones. I had a hida scan yesterday and BINGO! My gallbladder is not functioning properly causing all this pain. I will talk with a surgeon about It on monday

Most Active
Recent Topics