Good news/Bad news

pamela258
on 1/23/14 4:20 am
with
Had my 5/6 month checkup today with my surgeon. I'm doing great, I've lost 70 pounds since my highest and am off a ton of medicines. Bad news: Need to have my gallbladder out now. That part totally sucks.

RNY - 8/12/2013

poet_kelly
on 1/23/14 4:25 am - OH

Ah, unfortunately that's not uncommon after WLS.  Hopefully it will be an easy surgery for you.  Mine came out when I was about 10 months post op and it was super easy.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

browneyes65
on 1/26/14 1:01 pm - IN

does your surgeon do the surgery or can your own hospital in town do it ?

RNYGuyPA
on 1/23/14 8:06 am
RNY on 12/27/13

I had my gall bladder removed five years before my RNY and it was a much less evasive procedure and I was up and about much easier with no pain.  Hope you experience is easy and pain free.

6' 2"     HW: 405      SW: 352      CW: 276      GW: 225

Trendweight

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Quinnherd
on 1/23/14 8:44 am - MA
RNY on 09/30/13

I had mine out 7 weeks after my  RNY. It wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be and it was such a relief to be rid of the gallbladder pain. It was done as a surgical day procedure so home after a few hours in recovery and maybe a week to feel more like myself. I did end up with a nasty wound infection though, but all in all the gallbladder was a piece of cake for me. Wishing you a speedy recovery.